Main Menu

Grimes

Started by benjy251090, February 12, 2011, 12:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjy251090

Jack Grimes will have to be in most peoples thoughts after tonights games? He is certainly in mine now.

luckyanton

wow i dont see how people can base the selection of a player on a pre-season round robin game which involves 2x20minute halves. Im not saying not to get grimes (i do have him and i did have him before tonights efforts) but you really cant base a selection on this.
A classic example was barry hall last year who played nowhere near as well in the actual season compared to his heroic preseason efforts. Dustin Martin also played one good preseason game which swindled buyers to pick him instead of Scully and Trengove when really either of the latter were the pick of the bunch.
I just think people should stop hyping-up over one or two NAB cup games.

benjy251090

Well, 2 140+ games would suggest he is doing something right. I am just saying if people were not thinking of him, they will be now, he wasn't really before because he gets injured to often.

magpies11

i dont understand how he scored that much. is it a projectile of what he would haev gotten if the game was of full length?

benjy251090

I think they are still working off the 3300 points per game so I think it is a sort of projected total as such, but he did look in for a good game

Prospector_1

Quote from: luckyanton on February 12, 2011, 12:56:44 AM
I just think people should stop hyping-up over one or two NAB cup games.

We're all starving for footy - enjoy the hype!

Jugganauts

I think whats happened is take Grimes 1st game for example when he scored 146, I think his actually score was 73 but they times it by 2 for the 2nd half.

hawk_88

Quote from: benjy251090 on February 12, 2011, 01:19:21 AM
I think they are still working off the 3300 points per game so I think it is a sort of projected total as such, but he did look in for a good game

I believe the number they use in NAB cup matches different than 3300 but you are right in that they scored as though it was a full match.

ELLsendon

I have got him in my team after last nights efforts!

sid3bysid3

he was in my side from day 1... just wanted to see where he played this year and he played right where i wanted him to.

years gone by pre season form is actually not too bad an indicator. last year there were a few exceptions however (higgins, hooker, stanton).

i wouldnt base a midfield selection on pre season cause nobody tags so people rack them up. i would however use it to suss out where players are playing and the roles they play (eg. krakour playing rebounder in 2009).

got sauced last night and missed the footy but cant wait to watch krakour and my pies tonight... oooh yeh

Usman

IMO Barry hall was a very good cash cow and Dustin Martin was the pick of the top 3 draft picks last year so I don't really know what u r on about

RiOtChEsS

im not sold on him for SC just yet DT a possibilty

reason 1 durability
reason 2 efficiency he committed the 4th most turnovers at the Dz with 47% costing scores

tferrier18

Marcz,

Last night Grimes' efficiency was 100% for 11 posessions and 89% for 9 posessions.

Even though it's NAB and there's less pressure, those are very good indications.

Now everyone, take Grimes out of your side. My gem has been spoiled :(

Alex7089

He was hardly hidden before though :P
He is in my team now, he was before as well. He is a great young player and mid time will help his scores a lot.
No doubt a great pick, no doubt a much more common pick now though.

tferrier18

True that...ut as you said, now everyone will be getting on him like gibbs/deledio