Main Menu

Taylor Walker off to GWS

Started by Fletch74, February 11, 2011, 03:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

Walker is doing a Scully and waiting until the EOS to negotiate contracts...

Another departure like Bock last year

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/107653/default.aspx

I don't think Adelaide supporters would hurt as much as Melbourne supporters would if Scully left.

Boomz

Yep I said it in the other thread he's gone...

ossie85

Not sure on this one. Walker still requires development, and is no doubt a talent, but surely GWS can pick up a new young KPP to develop for a 10th of the price they're probably offering Walker. Not like they're gonna win a premiership anytime soon.

The Gold Coast didn't seem to target the young stars, and I think that was the right tactic.

Sometimes I get the feeling Kevin Sheedy is just doing this to stick it up other clubs. Almost like an ego boost kind of thing. Essendon are still feeling the poor recruiting decisions he made in the last few years at the club.

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on February 11, 2011, 03:48:11 PM
Sometimes I get the feeling Kevin Sheedy is just doing this to stick it up other clubs. Almost like an ego boost kind of thing. Essendon are still feeling the poor recruiting decisions he made in the last few years at the club.
+1 He hurt us at the end...

Boomz

Quote from: ossie85 on February 11, 2011, 03:48:11 PM

Not sure on this one. Walker still requires development, and is no doubt a talent, but surely GWS can pick up a new young KPP to develop for a 10th of the price they're probably offering Walker. Not like they're gonna win a premiership anytime soon.

The Gold Coast didn't seem to target the young stars, and I think that was the right tactic.

It's Sheedy... He lost his touch years ago. He was great for us but he did stupid things towards the end as Fletch said...

McRooster

Stephen Trigg is attempting to keep him by using lurid promises of 'culture' and 'finals football', the same tactics used to keep Kurt Tippett at West Lakes.
The Crows can obviously not compete with the coin from GWS and will find it hard to hold onto the talented lad who so far has been treated 'indifferently'.

Recognition brings reward and it is younger talent that will see growth in Western Sydney and a more attractive marketable package.

nas

Quote from: McRooster on February 11, 2011, 08:46:00 PM
Stephen Trigg is attempting to keep him by using lurid promises of 'culture' and 'finals football', the same tactics used to keep Kurt Tippett at West Lakes.
The Crows can obviously not compete with the coin from GWS and will find it hard to hold onto the talented lad who so far has been treated 'indifferently'.

Recognition brings reward and it is younger talent that will see growth in Western Sydney and a more attractive marketable package.

Agree with you there as last season was in n out of the side where as IF maybe persevered with him maybe his confidence would be higher. Craig seems to leave others there where as I said Walker gets thrown to the wolves. IMO

Luigi197

i would honestly feel sorry for Adelaide if he went as well
they would have no one left! kind of..

Wes Mantooth

would be a massive loss for Adelaide. this guy will be an absolute star in a couple of years.

Macca#23

Really wouldn't be happy if he left.

DG

I really like him and dont want him to leave, but he's a bit of a downhill skier at this stage. A move to GWS would be great for his wallet, not so good for his footy.

Wes Mantooth

kicking goals left right and centre. great pre-season... absolute gun.

i remember him demolishing port magpies for norwood in 2009 elimination final

nas

Well way he is going it means at this stage adding a few more 0's to the GWS offer. Sheedy if he gets him will be watching very closely.

Maca24

agreed his playing great footy.
big year looms i reckon and im prettys sure he will leave for GWS.
after all if i remember he got dropped alot last year and that couldnt have made him very happy.

Alex7089

Adelaide getting burnt by the new franchises. Arguably their best backman leaves now one of their best forward prospects looks to be leaving. Ouch.