What. A. Hack.

Started by ossie85, February 10, 2011, 02:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

i wanted to read it so i can laugh :(

Prospector_1

FOR THE dreamers out there who obsess over the Toyota AFL Dream Team as much as the Doctor does, you might find the following particularly interesting.

Dream Team is about getting ahead of your opponents. Sport is a game of inches - we all know that after Al Pacino’s famous half-time speech in the movie Any Given Sunday - and Dream Team is no different.

Here, the Doctor has evaluated each of last year’s top 22 scorers based on their value. Their value was ranked according to their price this season against their average score of last season.

For instance, last year’s top scorer, Collingwood’s Dane Swan, averaged 123.1 points each week last year. That figure, divided by his top-ranking price of $511,200, makes his value $4153 per point he scores each week.

The Doctor receives many questions about which players to choose when it comes to the guns: is Jimmy Bartel better than Joel Selwood? Which St Kilda midfielder is best value? Is Gary Ablett worth the cash this year or should I look elsewhere?

Here, we can see for ourselves. Bartel, for instance, is cheaper than Selwood by $5900, and is also better value than his younger teammate. Bartel costs $4156.30 per average point and Selwood is valued at $4159.70. At this number, Selwood is rated the most expensive player in the best 22.

It may seem pedantic - ridiculous, even - but you need to find the players who will give you the best value for money. Get your edge.

Of last year’s top 22 scorers, Hawthorn midfielder and former skipper Sam Mitchell is the best value in 2010 per point. He costs $4146.30 for every point he averaged each week last year (see below for complete list of scores).

Leigh Montagna was the best value out of the St Kilda crew, even ahead of superstar Brendon Goddard, while Kade Simpson also ranked as better value on a weekly basis than his champion captain and last year’s Brownlow medallist, Chris Judd.

bomberboy0618

that sounds like rubbish tbh.
Thanks prossy :D
but i think that he has stuffed up, and obvs doesnt know bout the magic number, or is trying to trick people.

Prospector_1

Unfortunately I found the table too hard to copy - but yeah, hardly good analysis!

bomberboy0618

Hawka

Prospector_1

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on February 10, 2011, 08:00:10 PM
i wanted to read it so i can laugh :(
Oh how I wanted to enjoy a good laugh :(. Thanks for that Pros though.

Quote from: hawka26 on February 11, 2011, 09:51:33 PM
He is hopeless
And that's why I kinda ignore him all together!! He usually states obvious facts most of us already know or that we can get from this site/forum.

Holz

From the looks of the analyser it looks like the DT talk boys will be taking over.