Relton Roberts Memorial League

Started by Boomz, February 09, 2011, 10:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

There are 2 spots left in the inaugural Relton Roberts Memorial League!

For the final 2 spots I've decided to open it to applicants but not just anyone can join... Here are the questions that need to be answered:

1. What would Relton Roberts price be this year if he still played?
2. Where is the Relton Roberts Memorial building located?
3. What pick was he taken with in the 2008 draft?

Ok that should do for the questions ;D

Once u have aswered the questions & put your case forward me & my esteemed panel of judges (They are amongst u :P) will decide who gets the final 2 spots in the league ;)

Good luck everyone :P

* Credit for the name & questions goes to ML ;D *

craig22

his price would be 3 packets of winnie blues and a big mac
the building is located in darwin
and he was taken pick 38 in 2009 rookie draft

diddley

im with you there craig. but i reckon he would get more than a couple of packs of winnies blues, and a big mac. probably be able to lure him with some wing dings to make it a real clincher.
and surely his memorial building would have to be situated in the SC cemetery.

craig22

tell him his dreaming if he wants wing dings

HevvieEvvie

and tell him to take off the yellow sash, he's not playing anymore  ;)

Prospector_1

I recruited him last year. Doesn't that get me in?

Boomz

Quote from: Prospector_1 on February 09, 2011, 11:13:46 PM
I recruited him last year. Doesn't that get me in?

U were already invited if u check ur PM's :P

Will reveal the results once we get some more entries ;)

Prospector_1

You expect me to recognise this as that sent on 1 Feb? You said nothing about RR then!

btw, which total failure do we all intend to buy this year?

Boomz

hahaha I must have forgot :P I thought I put it in the subject O.o ur welcome to join ;)

Will have to wait & see I guess :)

Prospector_1

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-richmond-rookie-relton-roberts-to-light-up-top-end/story-e6frf9jf-1226002898358
HE'S shed some kilos and ditched the smokes, and former Richmond rookie Relton Roberts is ready to resurrect his career in Darwin.
Roberts arrived at Punt Rd last year as a mature-age rookie but returned to the Northern Territory after just two AFL games, including the season-opener against Carlton at the MCG.
In his second game he was knocked out, and later was in trouble for breaking a night curfew and also warned for eating a hamburger before a VFL match.
The NT News reports Roberts made a few inconsistent appearances for Wanderers late last year but hasn't played since November.
But the Ngukurr-born goalkicker has rediscovered his passion for the game and is set to return to senior action with Wanderers as the club pushes for its first premiership since 1993.
"My fitness is good now. There are no more smokes and I'm nearly ready to go," he told the NT News.
"One more game in the reserves this week and hopefully I'll be back in A-grade next week."
Wanderers coach Paul Motlop wants a fit and motivated Roberts in the senior side.
"There's no doubt a fit Relton playing good football would be the cream on the cake for us, but right now he's got some hard work to do and not much time left."

easty01

Price - I'd say 73,098 (plus a Hungry Jacks free upgrade drive-thru sticker).

The Memorial is located in the forward pocket at Wanderers FC

And the Hamburgler was a steal at #38 in the 2009 Rookie Draft

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My SC team is gonna miss having it's best clubman sitting up the back of the dugout this year - hopefully Relton makes the move to GWS Giants next year as one of Sheeds' lateral thinking experiments :P

8-6 Suited

Quote from: easty01 on February 10, 2011, 01:52:09 AM
Price - I'd say 73,098 (plus a Hungry Jacks free upgrade drive-thru sticker).

The Memorial is located in the forward pocket at Wanderers FC

And the Hamburgler was a steal at #38 in the 2009 Rookie Draft

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My SC team is gonna miss having it's best clubman sitting up the back of the dugout this year - hopefully Relton makes the move to GWS Giants next year as one of Sheeds' lateral thinking experiments :P

I approve of this post.

Oh and why wasn't I invited BOOMZ? I was stuck with Relton Roberts all season in SC last year. All 14 of his points helped overall >.>

Cruiseon

In looking for his replacement redrafting Kaylor-Thompson into my side could fill the void. JKT was such an annoying tease last year.

I guess it shows that mature age rookies are not always to way forward.

nas

Price >> low $70K with a years free double size upgrades on all burgers @ Hungry Jacks.

Memorial is a statue erected next to Jack (Capt Blood) Dyer in appreciated of his tremendous scoring abilities.

Recruited:> Midfielder/forward who has excited fans in the Northern Territory and country Victoria. Came through the junior pathway with NT Thunder and played with the Wanderers FC last year and the Thunder in the QAFL. Also played for Euroa in the Goulburn Valley Football League in 2008. Has great pace and is a lovely kick.

Draft history: 2010 Rookie Draft selection (Richmond) No. 38.  http://www.richmondfc.com.au/players/playerprofile/reltonroberts/tabid/8473/playerid/21683/category/rookie/season/2009/selected/bio/default.aspx

Replacement with deep regret of losing this player >> 45 Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls as his replacement for SC/DT.
After four injury interrupted seasons with Richmond, returns to his home state looking for better luck and more opportunities. Quick midfielder who still has plenty to offer.

Draft history: 2005 NAB AFL Draft 1st round selection (Richmond) No. 8 overall; 2010 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 53.

Hope I qualify. lol

Maca24

ok so theres still a spot available in this league.
BOOMZ do you want to give the code to one of these people that answered the questions?