Upgrade timeline for (ultra) premiums

Started by almax, February 09, 2011, 03:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: almax on February 09, 2011, 04:52:24 PM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on February 09, 2011, 04:14:55 PM
Okay, let me just make this extremely clear for you as you seem to be a little too thick to comprehend it.

I said it will only take a few minutes and this thread wouldn't change that.

You said this thread is supposed to save people from those few minutes thinking about it and give them the options.

I then said no, it wouldn't because people still need to think about the other reasonings for a successful trade.

Therefore, in conclusion. You are wrong. Now introduce your face to your palm and read posts a little more thoroughly prior to using big words like contradicting.

OMG you are such a deuch!
How about you get a life instead of trying to up your post count on a football forum by trying to belittle people and projecting yourself as an all knowing deity of fantasy football.
whoa! let's "stay premium" people - we don't want this place becoming like some others ... i think he's just a bit stressed, he's got a lot on his mind at the moment ...

8-6 Suited

But I am an all knowing deity... Just as I know the word you were going for as an insult was 'douche'.

I'm not trying to up my post count at all. I made posts in relation to the topic, can you not handle the fact your thread idea wont save any time and is pointless? Without crying about it?

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary."
Said by Winston Churchill.

Prospector_1

Settle Gretel. This can make an interesting outline for upgrades, regardless of price changes etc. Just a rough out of part of the year's trading plans. That'll only happen if there's less bickering, and more premium content. Else ppl will ignore the thread, coz it'll be too far between posts with useful info.

Stay premium.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Prospector_1 on February 09, 2011, 05:06:38 PM
Settle Gretel. This can make an interesting outline for upgrades, regardless of price changes etc. Just a rough out of part of the year's trading plans. That'll only happen if there's less bickering, and more premium content. Else ppl will ignore the thread, coz it'll be too far between posts with useful info.

Stay premium.
+1
I agree that pricewise shaggy u should aim for the lowest, but gary ablett has no byes afterwards so i reckon he has to be traded soon in after rd10.

8-6 Suited

If he drops to 500k before then, take him. You gus don't want to get sucked into the massive problem the byes will present by waiting to get people or you will end up with a team still containing rookies and long out of contention for overall by the end.

almax

Agreed!

To make it even easier to access the info, ive started quoting trade suggestions to the original post, means less scrolling through certain troll post...

Fletch74

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on February 09, 2011, 05:11:57 PM
Quote from: Prospector_1 on February 09, 2011, 05:06:38 PM

Stay premium.
+1
I agree that pricewise shaggy u should aim for the lowest, but gary ablett has no byes afterwards so i reckon he has to be traded soon in after rd10.
But all Shaggy is saying is consider all the normal options that you would have in the past, not just because he has no more byes. That may end up being irrelevant if he's is playing injured or in poor form...

bomberboy0618

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on February 09, 2011, 05:18:07 PM
If he drops to 500k before then, take him. You gus don't want to get sucked into the massive problem the byes will present by waiting to get people or you will end up with a team still containing rookies and long out of contention for overall by the end.
obviously but i highly doubt in his 5 price changes before rd 10 he will drop 100k.
Just saying.

8-6 Suited

Exactly what Fletch just said. There is more to be considered than whether they have byes or not remaining. That's the point I am making.

BB, 5? It takes 3 weeks for prices to adjust, then they adjust every week do they not? Therefore it would be 7 of them, or 6. :P

Patrician

This early, I think the byes (when matched with fantasy football finals) are the only thing we can go on right now.

And I am guessing the main idea of this is to guide how people can best avoid bringing in premiums which still have byes. Which will be important for an overall win.

So you just follow the byes:

Ablett: Any time after Round 9, Cross: After Round 20.

etc

I agree though that you should bring in a premium when they cost the least. And so long as you have coverage, it shouldn't matter they have a bye later on.

With some players, you'll want to wait for their first bye (e.g.  Richmond, Adelaide) as their second is in the non-league playing weeks. Although who'd you would be bringing in from those......

What are people thinking about Judd at the moment? Battling injury, and having a bye in the finals, is anyone going to give him a go? And if so, are you going to start with him or bring him in later?

bomberboy0618

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on February 09, 2011, 05:21:47 PM
Exactly what Fletch just said. There is more to be considered than whether they have byes or not remaining. That's the point I am making.

BB, 5? It takes 3 weeks for prices to adjust, then they adjust every week do they not? Therefore it would be 7 of them, or 6. :P
dont fluctuate with byes :P
it takes 3 games to play, so we are at rd 4.
5,6,7,8 it can fluctuate.
So no, more like 4-5.

Fletch74

I'm sorry Shaggy, after Rd 9, GAJ will have had 5 price changes :P Due to his two byes...

How does this determine that GAj will be at his lowest after Rd 24? What basis is that on?

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Fletch74 on February 09, 2011, 05:30:30 PM
I'm sorry Shaggy, after Rd 9, GAJ will have had 5 price changes :P Due to his two byes...

How does this determine that GAj will be at his lowest after Rd 24? What basis is that on?
i just said this fletch :P
i have no idea fletch, i really just put that there to support my evidence, it dpesnt base it on anything as far as i can see.

Fletch74

Well then in my eyes it's rubbish. It must be basing it on who they play and how well he goes against those teams historically, but that is a whole new kettle of fish up at the GC.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Fletch74 on February 09, 2011, 05:33:53 PM
Well then in my eyes it's rubbish. It must be basing it on who they play and how well he goes against those teams historically, but that is a whole new kettle of fish up at the GC.
ok then fletch ill get rid of it for u :P ;)