DISCUSSION - Multiple Premiums from Same Team

Started by Hydra, February 07, 2011, 06:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra

Hi all,

What are everyone's opinions on having premiums from the same team to start? I don't just mean in line, I mean over your ENTIRE team.

For example...I have Bartel and Chapman and Enright, or I have Riewoldt and Goddard, and I have Pavlich, Sandilands and Broughton.

For the most consistent scoring, surely it would be best (especially at the start) to have 13-14 different teams amongst your premiums.

ie. I could trade Enright to Gilbee, Riewoldt to Brown or Harvey, Bartel to Watson, Broughton to Gibbs, and Pavlich to Harvey.

Suddenly, I have 14 players costing $400,000 plus, and all are from 14 different teams:

Goddard (STK)
Deledio (RIC)
Gibbs (CAR)
Gilbee (WBD)
Grimes (MEL)
Swan (COL)
Hodge (HAW)
Watson (ESS)
Sandilands (FRE)
Cox (WCE)
Chapman (GEE)
Brown (BRI)
Harvey (NMK)
Goodes (SYD)

There are drawbacks, of course. The players I used as substitutes may not fare as well. However, I only spent $20,000 less (and I could spend more, I haven't gone through in detail yet) than I originally had when I had multiple premiums from the same team.

Do the perceived benefits from this strategy outweight the obvious drawbacks?

Discuss.

Worthy of note is that the lowest cost player in that list is Jack Grimes at $428k.

tferrier18

What are the obvious drawbacks?

I don't see any disadvantage to having an even spread except for the fact that you might miss out on some players such as Riewoldt.

It's good to have an even spread, but it can't hurt having 2 prems from the same team. Forgetting about the byes, last year I started 4 geelong players and 4 freo players...all 4 didn't always score well in the same week, but overall they did (so if pav got 125, ballantyne may have scored 75, if you get me).

It's a bit different this year because you'll be impacted with the bye, but if you're going for league win, its best to stock up on freo and brisbane players as they won't have the bye.

If going for overall win, having 2 prems from same team won't hurt.

lewis

I am in the same predicament with 6 premium players and 3 rookies combined  from (geelong Hawthorn and Freo) having the bye in round 6  so tactical manourvering or using a possible trade for a fallen premium whom has already had 1 of their bye rounds for example Johnno brown, goodes or ROK is an option i'll consider when that hurdle comes.

Otherwise I like having genuine premiums from the same team. My biggest concern is when multiple teams have a bye in the same round for example round 6 compounded by an injury to a starting player for example goddard. What do you do when a 6 pack of donuts are staring at you?  :P

roo boys!

I've got a number from each team:
GOD and Roo
Gibbs and Judd
Duff and Pav
Swan and Didak

Doesn't trouble me too much, just try and get the best team possible.

Usman

If your going for overall have as many premiums from one team as you like but if your going for league it may be a better idea to stay away from multiple premiums from one club especially players from Kangaroos, Geelong, Essendon and Carlton as they have byes in finals.

Alex7089

I have just tried to avoid having more than 3 from any 1 team.
Trying to avoid early byes. But also trying to field the best team, very difficult this season, finding the balance :-\

roo boys!

Yeah I think I will go for league, but like Alex, 2 from the same team is OK IMO.

Fletch74

2 from the same team might be ok, but 3 is maybe a little dangerous. When that team does have a bye, the back up better be scoring very well, unless you're only focusing on the league win, and you don't give a damn about the non-league rounds.

Luigi197

in your starting line up have 2-3 of a team..
but combining your team 4-5
but only go to the max with like 3 teams