Supercoach pro predicter says...

Started by Nuffman, February 07, 2011, 01:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuffman

that Goddard, even if scoring an ave of about 115 over the first 8 rounds, he will drop to about $550k.

His rnd 1 B/E is 130, if he scores 115, his b/e will rocket up to 160...

We all know Goddard is one of the top 3 players in the comp, but is it worth waiting for that 'inevitable' drop and bringing him in after round 10?

or do you all think he will end up being GAJ in 2009?

Jugganauts

Do what you want, Its these decision that make your team different then everyone elses.

ossie85

These predicted scores are based on averages against certain teams, grounds, etc. Doesn't take into account variability. Goddard could easily get 130 in week 1 (and I'm not sure why they call it a BE anyway, there price can't change until after 3 grounds).

Though Goddard did get cheaper last year! I managed to pick him up at his cheapest

Nuffman

You're right Ossie, but they still have to hit a certain point each week (if they play) to 'justify' their price, that's how they are able to change prices after round 3

superstar

who else do you pick up to guarantee 100+ scores each week that you dont already have. i think the outlay and potential drop is worth it. You will make up the potential loss and more on swallow anyhow.

redfield

The thing is that he will probably still outscore and other defender for the year and over those three weeks. In addition, you then have to trade for a player than most serious SC/DT players will have started with. You simply put yourself behind the 8-ball in terms of trades and points for the sake of saving less than 100k IMO.

tferrier18