Main Menu

Bluddy Goode

Started by FLOPITOUT1, February 06, 2011, 04:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

Quote from: DT Gun on December 14, 2011, 10:14:15 PM
How is that news?
And yes even if you kick it to the opposition it is a stat. But thats where DT is good, if your player constantly turns the ball over they get dragged (less minutes, less score) and dropped out of the side!

So if you were running full pace with Alwyn Davey chasing you about to nail your butt into the turf and you had to kick a ball 35m and hit someone leading through a crowded zone you need to basically kick it perfect to get points? Rubbish.

Unlike in SC you can get dragged come back on with 5 minutes to go and soccer a winning goal you score 50 for one kick?
So what you are saying is that DT is superior because it measures mediocraty while SC is inferior because it actually measures a player's impact on the game?

DT Gun

In Dt if Selwood got 15 hard ball gets 10 handballs and 10 kicks which is 50 points, your telling me that Kepler Bradley can get the same points for tapping in a goal from 1m out after someone else did all the hard work to handball it to him?

Get out of my house now

bomberboy0618

Quote from: DT Gun on December 15, 2011, 12:08:03 PM
In Dt if Selwood got 15 hard ball gets 10 handballs and 10 kicks which is 50 points, your telling me that Kepler Bradley can get the same points for tapping in a goal from 1m out after someone else did all the hard work to handball it to him?

Get out of my house now
Yes, because the 15 hard ball gets and 10 handballs and 10 kicks are all well and good but mean squat if Geelong lose, but if Kepler kicks the winning goal then THEY WON AND HE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THEIR WIN.
What house, I was under the impression you were living under a bridge.

MURRIMAGIC

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 15, 2011, 02:33:01 PM
Quote from: DT Gun on December 15, 2011, 12:08:03 PM

Get out of my house now
Yes, because the 15 hard ball gets and 10 handballs and 10 kicks are all well and good but mean squat if Geelong lose, but if Kepler kicks the winning goal then THEY WON AND HE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THEIR WIN.
What house, I was under the impression you were living under a bridge.
OUCH..........That was a good spanking!

DT Gun

What if Selwoods efforts put his team into the lead, then the runner made an infringement and gave 50 away in the last seconds from the centre bounce and handed someone a goal from the square? 50 points? JOKE!

MURRIMAGIC how was that a good spanking, im using internet so his insult clearly makes no sence?

bomberboy0618

Quote from: DT Gun on December 17, 2011, 12:17:22 AM
What if Selwoods efforts put his team into the lead, then the runner made an infringement and gave 50 away in the last seconds from the centre bounce and handed someone a goal from the square? 50 points? JOKE!

MURRIMAGIC how was that a good spanking, im using internet so his insult clearly makes no sence?
Are you saying Leo Barry's mark at the end of the 05 gf wasn't worth 50 points? Because that is the kind of act that gets you 50 points.

Ziplock

MURRIMAGIC

Well, you sort of got owned mate, sorry?

Kuruki

Quote from: MURRIMAGIC on December 17, 2011, 09:45:34 PM

Well, you sort of got owned mate, sorry?

He didn't really get owned. His example was pretty leggit. Kepler may have scored the last goal. but if it wasn't for the one before his he wouldn't have been kicking for the win. They should all be worth the same points in my opinion.

Chopps

i agree with DT gun, 50 points for a winning goal is ridiculous (with the exception being leo barry in the gf). sure the winning goal seems like it is epic but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter if that goal was kicked in the last 30 seconds or the first 30 it was needed to win regardless and to say that a player kicking one goal is worth the same as someone who gets 15 hard ball gets, 10 handballs and 10 kicks is not an equal measurement

i cant think of a scenario where its worth 50 points, maybe if the 09 grand final lets say ablett had ran from the centre and scored from 80 out instead of it going to the square but that was another Gf scenario

upthemaidens

well back on this league for 2012, if you have a spot and still going for overall. i'll be keen to join
   not if dt gun is in it though, he seems to try to hard to be a d**k and not in a clever way

DT Gun

dont worry i wont be in it, they wouldnt like the most unpopular bloke on FF beating the 'experts'

upthemaidens

Quote from: DT Gun on January 11, 2012, 06:41:47 PM
dont worry i wont be in it, they wouldnt like the most unpopular bloke on FF beating the 'experts'
no i think they just wouldnt want a di*khe*d in their league,  but if u are trying to be unpopular good luck with that.

Nails

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 11, 2012, 07:07:10 PM
no i think they just wouldnt want a di*khe*d in their league,  but if u are trying to be unpopular good luck with that.

we should have at least one spot this year maidens. We had one bloke go ghost ship on us, flowered the whole league. + 18 team leagues = 2 spare spots. I hope most teams from 2011 play this year.

Football Factory

Quote from: Nails on January 11, 2012, 10:04:58 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on January 11, 2012, 07:07:10 PM

we should have at least one spot this year maidens. We had one bloke go ghost ship on us, flowered the whole league. + 18 team leagues = 2 spare spots. I hope most teams from 2011 play this year.
Proly gonna be 4 or 5 short i have invited a couple more people from FF not sure if they have spare leagues tho ? Might be a couple of additions from another site just like this one .....im sure the spots will get filled when the time comes.....by who im not sure