Argghhh!!!

Started by thepmen, April 29, 2009, 10:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepmen

Okay, needless to say i'm not doing very well... and i really need some tips.

Backline
1. Fisher, S
2. McLeod, A
3. McGuane, L
4. Malceski, N
5. Petrenko, J
6. Glass, D
7. Schoenmakers, R
Reserves
8. Scarlett, M
9. Selwood, S

Midfield
10. Priddis, M
11. Judd, C
12. Selwood, J
13. Kerr, D
14. Beams, D
15. Robinson, M
Reserves
16. Cousins, B
17. Benjamin, W

Ruck   
18. Cox, D
19. Fraser, J
Reserves
20. Koschitzke, J
21. Seaby, M

Forwards
22. Houlihan, R
23. Monfries, A
24. Davey, A
25. Skipworth, H
26. Clark, M
27. Walker, T
28. Osborne, M
Reserves
29. Westhoff, M
30. Kennedy, J

I recognise this is a bit of a debacle, so any advice would help... Up until this point i haven't given it a lot of time and now i need to do some work.

thanks
Dave

crannyvegas

well you have alot of cash sitting on the bench,
try and trade some of that in for some cheap stuff and then target players that you really need to upgrade. im not sure why you have three pricey ruckmen so thats probably the best place to start. and from there... wow i guess the forward line and the backs.
you are in a bit of a pickle though, your probably going to have to trade your self in half a new side and leave yourself with nothing if there is injuries.
look at stars such as franklin, hodge that have dropped a heap in value. The back line probably needs a chad cornes, goddard, gilbert type somewhere.

nickyt

mate ur firstr problem is the guys on your bench
1. they cost on average 150k more than they need to eg the 86k rookie
2. this means your sacrificing quality on field scorers
3. the players on your bench arent making you any money to use as upgrades on your onfield players

First thing you need to do is start trading off guys like scarlett siting on your bench, why pay 250k or a bench warmer when you can get the same scores  for 86k in someone like levi greenwood. then use this money to upgrade the likes of petrenko or glass to maybe a andrew mackie who is very cheap at the moment.

you are going to have to use up the majority of trades in doing this especially in the ruck bench, forwards and backs- the midfield is workmanlike if coussy comes back.

Okay so this is a plan for how dt works for next year:

You want to start with the best possible guys on your field and the cheapest possible guys on the bench eg rookies. It makes sense doesnt it because this will create you a higher score as your on field 22 are all that counts for this. You must try to get a total of about 16 premiums in the side or players that you will keep during the whole year as they will always deliver the high scores of 90+. The next thing is to pick out guys where their value is lower than what their scores would suggest so they will increase in value. E.g sam gilbert starts at 210k ish and will end up at around 350k (probably wind up a keeper) and the same goes for ryan houlihan. u need about 4-6 cheap guys like this on field. The next step is picking up the cheap rookies/high draft picks that will play. Now what happens with these guys is their value increases dramatically and then you can trade them back down to another rookie come round 6-8 when their prices are as high as they are going to get. You might make about 100-150k on the good rookies. Some examples this year are rich, beams, zaharakis and ziebell. The money you make from this will then get used to upgrade the more average on field players to premiums eg the guys who average a big score of 90+.

Okay i'll stop there for now but post again with your enquires as to what i'm saying if you don't understand it all so far.

hibbo

Dave, I mean this in the nicest way possible LOL...but I'm sorry your dreamteam season is over. That team is a mess and with only 20 trades allowed in the season there is no way of fixing it.

My advice:
Make a new team, enter it this week and just focus on the weekly prize for the rest of the year. OR just get as far away from dreamteam as possible and come back next year a bit more prepared...

nickyt

yer i think what hibbo said is a good idea, entering a new team for the weekly prize. Get all the underperforming premiums that will soon skyrocket in value and ge guys like barham, warren and greenwood on your bench as they have not yet played the three games needed to increase in value. Use all the advice i gave you before to try and create ssome good scores mate.

thepmen

yeah... totally agree with the start over biz. I think i made some pretty key mistakes based on being a complete nube to DT and not really thinking it through. Will stick it out though and learn a bit more this year.
Cheers Blokes

hibbo

That's the way Dave, it takes everyone 1-2 years to get he hang of it. I know for me I didn't use the cash-cow concept to its full advantage until it was my 3rd season.
Just keep spending time on Fanfooty and dt talk as u will learn alot about dreamteam. And next year, u will come out a pro :)

But for now, just keep plugging away at that team and try and build your avg up slowly...

Watto