Main Menu

Dustin Martin

Started by jimmyha, February 05, 2011, 07:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyha

Read in the paper today he is having a good pre season, and in an intra club match picked up 30 touches in 20 minutes game time ?

Priced at $379,100 though.. too much for a second year player ?

ronl

Second year player rule has withstood the test of time. 

ELLsendon

Quote from: ronl on February 05, 2011, 07:17:02 PM
this!

diddley

Quote from: ELLsendon on February 05, 2011, 07:18:58 PM
Quote from: ronl on February 05, 2011, 07:17:02 PM
this!
+1

he might be doing well, but maybe think about a lock for 2012. but in the mean time...

tferrier18

I don't think the second year rule applies for martin. He's such a solid player that he'll definitely improve this year. He's pretty hungry to improve, as are richmond as a whole so I think he'll increase his scoring by 10+.

That said, his price is quite awkward and I'd imagine it'd be very hard to fit him into your team as he's not quite good enough to be your 3rd mid but he's too expensive to be your 4th.

He'll still do really well next year though.

bottlemart

second year rule definately applies.  With so many good rookies at under $200k, and some mature age rookies at around the $100k mark, and so many good premium midfielders at the top end, I would not even consider Martin until 2012 at the absolute earliest, and even then he would have to show signs of being absolutely elite.

dylsta05

hopefully his around 350k in 2012 then he is a lock assuming scull and trengrove arnt arouund the same price

Alex7089

Second year blues. So no. People have ignored it in the past and gotten burnt ie. Rich. Didn't improve. Got worse and ended up averaging less than some rookies. So again I say, no.

steven_ora

jimmy ha are you in year 10 at my school

McRooster

Not for me thanks.

Last year he was great, and I thank him for that.

tferrier18

Still think hes too skilled to possibly go downhill...especially while richmond are on the up

stewfoss

i think he's gonna have a decent one. he'll be looking to prove himself after becoming a fat slob after last season

still wont take him though

antman

redfield

Only if you believe he will become a keeper.

Fletch74

There is better value than Martin to choose from for keepers, and he is no Cash Cow this year, so the computer says no.....