jobe watson

Started by ando_10, February 04, 2011, 11:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ando_10

what sort of year is he in for?
havent heard much about him pre season.
worth a crack?

diddley

i havent heard any news on him, but he def is one of those reliable mids that scores well consistently, and not many people have him, so rather unique. would be a good pick i think, provided he is not missing a leg or something.

RiOtChEsS

lewis

Lot of respect for Jobe in a poor bomber midfield he gets his own ball is consistent and his disposal efficiency has improved although his kicking is still much maligned. He is durable meaning he will play every game and will lay several tackles roughly 5 per game.  As a fantasy scorer in s/c he continues to pump out the big numbers in d/t his 100 ratio is not quite as heavy.
Sure the bombers have a bye in the g/f, that's no reason not to have him......the question is how effective can you manage your trades? If you don't want to start with him fair enough at the very least whack him on the watchlist. Hope this helps!!  ;D

roo boys!

Great player, just not sure if I want to risk that bye...I have never really had Watson, don't really have any bombers actually :P

Alex7089

Quote from: roo boys! on February 05, 2011, 08:46:12 AM
Great player, just not sure if I want to risk that bye...I have never really had Watson, don't really have any bombers actually :P
That's because your team is full of NM duds :P.
I had him last year and he did very well for me, I'd happily take him again this year although it basically means starting the year with 1 less trade, so I'm going to say no for 2011, but he is looking quite good for 2012 :P.

roo boys!

Quote from: Alex7089 on February 05, 2011, 08:51:33 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on February 05, 2011, 08:46:12 AM
That's because your team is full of NM duds :P.
I had him last year and he did very well for me, I'd happily take him again this year although it basically means starting the year with 1 less trade, so I'm going to say no for 2011, but he is looking quite good for 2012 :P.
Exactly ;) Wait, what? ;)
Nah Swallow is a legend, Atley is awesome for his price, same for Petrie, same for Richardson, maybe Anthony could be cut.

Alex7089

Anthony is the pick of the season if fit IMO. Could easily finish the season with a 95+ average.

roo boys!

Hmm. OK then, I jus traded him out :P Who should I get rid of then? Everyone said I needed to downgrade one of my mids and upgrade somewhere else..

ELLsendon

I have Jobe,

maybe cause i have respect for him?

He is a great player, but yes that bye gets in the way.

HillHero13

yeah, i got him in my team.

just have to get rid of those essendon players along the way to the grand final.

but Watson could be a secret weapon in the prelim if someone has say judd!

Hawka

I have him in my team currently i reckon he will go quite well

roo boys!

diddley

the bye aside, i still think he is a good option, but not a great one.

Cruiseon

Very good player but a big no as he will always get the main rag. He'll still average more than 90 but at $520k I don't see much upside.