Main Menu

What is your Hawthorn 22?

Started by hawk_88, February 03, 2011, 09:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk_88

It know we are still a little under 2 months till the season proper, but I thought it would be interesting to see how people's opinions change over that time.

This is the side I think will be picked come round 1:

Stratton, Gilham, Guerra
Birchall, Gibson, Bruce
Batemsn, Mitchell, Young
Burgoyne, Franklin, Rioli
Osbourne, Roughead, Hale
Bailey, Hodge, Sewell

Lewis, Ellis, Murphy, Smith

Hawka

Will do mine 2 nite or over the weekend (gota got o scool now )  :'(

hawk_88

Huh... a change already. Puopolo was amazing in the intra-club match. Think he might be taking Guerra's spot at this rate.

Big Lance

I like the look of your team. I would have Puopolo in there. He is being touted as a 22 game player this season, i think once he is in he is there to stay. Not sure if i would have him replacing Murphy or Guerra and it's not a decision i would like to have to make.
Not sure if Bailey will be our first ruck but hope he is. Bruest could be another one to come in possibly for Ossie if he doesn't find some consistency.

Our back line looks a lot better as:

Stratton, Gilham, Puopolo
Bruce, Gibson, Birchall

That gets me really looking forward to the season starting.

Hawka

FB:Stratton    Gilham          Puopolo

HB:Bruce        Gibson         Birchall

C:Young        Hodge          Bateman

HF:Burgoyne  Franklin        Rioli           

FF:Smith         Roughead   Hale

Followers:Renouf,Sewell,Mitchell

INT:Ellis,Lewis,Murphy,Guerra

EMG:Shiels,Osbourne,Bailey

hawk_88

Dropped Ossie? The end of his season wasn't great but I think he will be given chances.

OK, hypothetical: we all seem to agree now that Puopolo is a sure starter, Murphy or Guerra loses their spot. Schoenmakers find form and gets brought it (because we really need him to). Who goes? Is it the other of Murphy or Guerra, or maybe Bruce or Birchall get moved up the field and someone else gets the flick?

Big Lance

Injuries may sort it out so its not as hard but i think Lisle or Shoe could be our third tall forward. Savage is also on the radar. I don't see both Goo and Murph on the bench. Goo has been so good for us for a long time now and Murphy is a coach favourite so it's going to be really hard to see who misses out of the 2 of them and Puopolo. Bateman will have to find some consistency to keep his spot ahead of all the other young guys starting to stand out. He was awesome in 08 but hasn't been anything like that since he cut his hair. Whatever happens i feel we finally have some real depth with th eimproved young guys and players like Cheney and Puopolo coming in. Exciting year ahead.

Luigi197

Quote from: hawka26 on February 05, 2011, 12:07:47 PM

i like that one... plus Hawka made it and i trust him :P

Hawka

Quote from: hawk_88 on February 05, 2011, 02:13:09 PM
Dropped Ossie? The end of his season wasn't great but I think he will be given chances.

OK, hypothetical: we all seem to agree now that Puopolo is a sure starter, Murphy or Guerra loses their spot. Schoenmakers find form and gets brought it (because we really need him to). Who goes? Is it the other of Murphy or Guerra, or maybe Bruce or Birchall get moved up the field and someone else gets the flick?
Its a tough choice dropping Guerra he has been a great player for us for a while now

I would say maybe Bruce moves to midfield

Quote from: Luigi197 on February 05, 2011, 06:06:35 PM
Quote from: hawka26 on February 05, 2011, 12:07:47 PM

i like that one... plus Hawka made it and i trust him :P
Thx Luigi :)

hawk_88

Something we forgot was to consider the sub. For me it is either Ellis or Smith but probably Smith, at least initially. Thoughts?

Hawka

hmmm thats a tough 1 do u pik any old player or do u pick a player who can play most postions (besides ruck)

hawk_88

I think you pick a player who is versatile and can make an impact with explosive speed when other players are tired after at least a half of footy behind them.

Hawka

Smith could fit that bill quite well

hawk_88

I think so which is why I had him on the bench instead of on the ground. My only hesitation with Smith is that our small forward stocks are a little lacking.

That being said Breust appears to be in good form and may force his way into the team if Ossie doesn't perform.

Hawka

Maybe osbourne for sub he can move into the middie as well if needed