Main Menu

Travis Varcoe

Started by Talisman, February 02, 2011, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talisman

OK, so I'm seriously considering Travis Varcoe as my 4th forward, as a cheap premium/keeper...

Now I know I'm biased (being a Cats fan), but am I wrong to think that he could potentially have a break-out year, especially seeing as GAJ is gone - meaning more game/midfield time for him.

His fitness & self-belief have steadily improved (along with his scoes/avg.) with each year in the system, he's 22 so you would expect there is still improvement left in him, and he rarely wastes the ball.

He doesn't rack up the stats, but with his quality disposals, and increased midfield time, his scores could easily increase to avg. mid-high 90's.

Thoughts?

Bak2Form

Wait for nab cup and see where they play him i guess, thats what im thinking anyway

Boomz

Quote from: Bak2Form on February 02, 2011, 09:15:24 PM
Wait for nab cup and see where they play him i guess, thats what im thinking anyway

He may not play NAB because of his shoulder injury...

Have been looking at him too but not really sure at this stage... he could rip it up but not quite convinced.

Alex7089

Ah. Here he is, this seasons tempter. There is always one and before hiss NAB form he was the man last season as well.
Could go either way really, he has slowly improved his average each season since he began, which means he is getting fitter.
With GAJ gone the door is open for Varcoe to walk in, to a 90+ average. I'll consider him, but if he doesn't play in the NAB Cup it will be VERY unlikely.

Props for actually spelling his name correctly though, it starts to get irritating after a while! :P

roo boys!

Hmm I like your thinking outside the box Talisman, he's not playing in my team but he could easily have a great year running through the mids a bit.

DamenS

The injury limited preseason REALLY bothers me .... but they don't hand out the number 5 at Geelong to just anyone !!