Adcock, Houlihan, chornes, gilbert, goddard, hodge, petrenko
(hill, hurley)

Bartell, judd, swan, J selwood, gibbs, rich
(otten, Danger)

Tippet, meesen (white, jacobs)

Pav, buddy, porp, lids, higgins, walker, ziebell
(hentshel, skippy)

15 trades $46,000 in bank

I know rucks are shower and need gablett, but need advice on my next moves over next 2-3 rounds, recon I might sit tight this week as only 1-2 rookies are nearing breakevens

hibbo

A few thoughts:

Ablett not so important with that midfield. Obviously it would be nice to get him, but your centre line must surely generate enough points as it is. So don't make Ablett your number 1 focus at the moment.

Rucks is a problem, but keep Tippet and wait a few weeks to milk some more $$ from Meesen. It will take 2 trades to fix your rucks up...but keep that same combo for a few more weeks. Hot tip- Jump on Sandilands when u can, has come down nicely but will still average over 90.

Hentschel and Skippy on the bench is a problem. BUT with 5 trades down, I would only trade one of them to a rookie to free up some cach for later ruck upgrades.

Finally, this is for the future. You have stocked up with too many high priced rookies with the likes of Hill, Hurley, Otten, Dnagerfield and Ziebell. It's too much money on the bench, the higher priced rookies aren't always the way to go...If u choose a few more 94K players instead of those listed above u would've saved yourself 100K plus. This cash could've turned Bartel into Ablett from the start.

Anyway, just some food for though...
Hope it helps :)

tony73

Thanks Hibbo points taken,

My eye is on sandilands as cox may be out of reach with rookies still on the park foward and back. You would not believe I burnt two trades on bloody rucks already! Lurenburg and Browne! Have learnt my lesson

Im keen to hold hents and skippy as they may be only a few weeks away??? I think I need to free up some of that cash you talk about with those high rookies before I look at those fowards. Petrenko, danger, walker may not have much left in them.

I am looking at collins, anthony (mid) warren, macaffer, grant (foward) greenwood,broughton (back) to trade in.

Who goes if I eventually want gablett?

I am going for league win only as we have cash prizes in ours

Thanks again for advice

hibbo

Well looking at your centre line I'm not so sure u need Ablett, obvisously it would be great to have him, but your midfield is pretty set as it is. You should keep Bartel, Swan, Selwood, Judd and Gibbs. So eventrally u would hope to upgrade Rich- but the way he's going, he might turn into a keeper.

Just keep your trades for now and look to build your rucks over time...

tony73

Watto

If you had to get someone I would trade Bartel, mainly because he's the closest in price to GAJ.

Bad luck with Leuenberger and Browne, but hey, some will go with you (like I traded Harvey 3 weeks ago), and some will go against (see above).

Might have been a bit risky starting with both Otten + Dangerfield, but it's coming off (so far).

Yeah, Hibbo's right with the high $$$rookies, just because they're that price doesn't mean they will be better than others, but it's up to the selector.

One thing maybe to consider is starting with more rookies on field (these can be your high $$$ ones), and having cheaper guys on the bench

But try to conserve your trades, so don't worry about GAJ - the boat has left

tony73

I need some advice this week, current team

Adcock, Houlihan, chornes, gilbert, goddard, hodge, hill
(petrenko, hurley)

Bartell, judd, swan, J selwood, gibbs, rich
(otten, Danger)

Tippet, meesen (white, jacobs)

Pav, buddy, porp, lids, higgins, walker, ziebell
(Warren, skippy)

I am thinking of three possible trades
1. Walker out for Macafer (this is a definate)
2. White out for sandilands (maybe Pietre) to fix the ruck
3. Dangerfield out for Coughlan (for more cash and maybe a keeper)

14 trades left with $168,000 in the bank

Which of option 2 or 3 is smarter, I can get the ruck next week but I will miss Coughlan on the bubble if I dont act now

Hondo71

The expert advice around the place is not to worry about trading Walker

you get only $90K out of it and replace him with another rookie with no guarantee of better prospects

He's a decent enough emergency backup is the way I look at it.  He only needs to score 3-4 goals and he'll score over 60.

Besides that, it looks like we will be playing Tippett as a permanent forward so that will release Walker from the first or second best defender.  He's got some real talent I'd see how he goes the next few weeks.

Put it this way, your team won't live or die based on whether you have Walker or MacCaffer

Prospector_1

Thanks Hondo, I needed that reassurance about Walker.

tony73

Hondo,
Where should I free up cash to upgrade then????
I'm going for the league win only and am only averaging just over 2000, I am keen on the risky Coughlan move and need to fix the ruck as well with a double trade, houli and adcock also looking shaky and I have 5 rookies on the park
The rest of my league are gaining momentum on my average!
I need to make a move soon

tony73

PS Gill is set to return!!!