Craig Bolton = Steal?

Started by Jugganauts, February 01, 2011, 11:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jugganauts

Craig Bolton has been a consistent peforming over the past several years with aeverages of:
05: 82
06: 84
07: 87
08: 81
09: 76
10: 57
Now his average of 57 was because he played 5 games now if he can get over that injury could be a real steal considering his only $222,700

Hawka

If he can get over his injury worries he is a bargin

tferrier18

doubt he'll start firing until a few rounds in...

Jugganauts

Well if my calculations are correct his breakeven is 44

Barlow 21

Quote from: Jugganauts on February 02, 2011, 01:12:13 AM
Thats true but he is getting old and will not average above 80.

redfield

Quote from: Barlow 21 on February 02, 2011, 12:08:22 PM
Quote from: Jugganauts on February 02, 2011, 01:12:13 AM
Thats true but he is getting old and will not average above 80.
+1. Will probably still do a decent shut down job on an opposition forward but fantasy material he ain't.

Alex7089

Not any more. Won't get as much of his own ball as he continues to get older and more prone to little niggles.

If he somehow averages over 80 it would be a good move but I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

j959

Quote from: Alex7089 on February 02, 2011, 01:43:17 PM
Not any more. Won't get as much of his own ball as he continues to get older and more prone to little niggles.

If he somehow averages over 80 it would be a good move but I SERIOUSLY doubt it.
+1 last reports i saw were ankle/achilles inj (can be tough to get back from quickly) so he'll be a slow starter - he went and resigned as vice-captain to let some new blood in, i would take that as a sign.

if you look at his avg's again, you'll see they're starting to come down - better to pick someone on the up IMO.

i was considering him due to 'cheapness' factor but now staying away for the above reaons - similar risks to C Cornes ...

Justin Bieber

Only reason to bring him in is to be a cash cow for 100-200k. This all depends on how he goes in the NAB Cup.

I won't rule him out just yet but is still doubtful for me.

SydneyRox

He is listed as indefinite on the Swans injured list.

Hope he comes back soon, will make a big difference to our defence.