Main Menu

downgrading mpp cash cows

Started by Robert Harvey 35, February 01, 2011, 12:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Harvey 35

a lot of ppl are going to town on mpp this yr and it will save our butts im sure with the fixture the way it is. players like heppell, jacobs, hibberd, mzungu, callinan isaac smith prestia. and many other mpp rookies are in a lot of teams to give flexibility to players like goddard and chapman. But my query is wat will happen when these rookies are due to be milked mid season??? we may not be able to maintain our dual position flexibility. so we will end up losing the dual position for the second half of the season that everyone says is soo important.?? anyone else got something on this?? goddard and chapman in mids for the whole season???

ossie85

That is a good point Harvs, I'll still be having them, and hopefully I can upgrade them to MPP instead of downgrade. But time will tell.

Prospector_1

Quote from: Robert Harvey 35 on February 01, 2011, 12:03:22 PM
wat will happen when these rookies are due to be milked mid season??? we may not be able to maintain our dual position flexibility. so we will end up losing the dual position for the second half of the season that everyone says is soo important

Last year I didn't implement mpp switching apart from R/F (blo*dy Tippett) until about R8 when I had Waite to switch B/F with Davis, and then little more until R13ish when I enabled it for Centres through ?Rohan? That worked fine then, but there were no byes then! I think you can find suitable rookies and/or upgrades to keep it working OK through the second half of the season.

DamenS

I'm a big fan of ignoring MPP entirely and just picking the best players in each respective position - maybe this will burn me this year, but it worked fine last year ... having said that, there are a lot more players categorised as MPP this year, and it's actually been a bit surprising how many of them I consider to be the best players at that particular price anyway.

glam77

at least mpp early in the season will give you better opportunity to trade later in the season in what ever position you are short.

Prospector_1

That is certainly a benefit that not everybody notices right off!

nas

Used to advantage last season so yeah will be looking at it carefully re the byes n upgrades etc