Main Menu

Staging!

Started by HevvieEvvie, January 31, 2011, 11:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DamenS

Quote from: HevvieEvvie on February 01, 2011, 01:19:12 AM
MMMmmm....Beer! nothing better to waist time away  ;)

LOL - I assume your spelling of "waist" rather than "waste" refers to where it goes ...  :-*

HevvieEvvie

See, it's working  :) :)

dylsta05

very happy its open :)

DamenS

And I'm happy the all-night bottle shop is so close ... Aaah !

But I am NOT happy with the prices of Nathan Foley, Bachar Houli and Brock McLean ...  :(

HillHero13

get over it.

i said it before, SC is SC, not m0nty's Fanplanner prices to make everyone happy fantasy football.

do you get everything you want in life? no. you just have to work around it.

DamenS

HillHero - you seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder and think that yours is the only voice that should be heard - the self-annointed defender of official Supercoach pricing are we, hmmn ?

It is perfectly valid to express dissapointment at some of the prices ... in fact - guess what ? - It's actually AS valid as expressing DELIGHT over the magic number coming down as we have all done over the past two days !! 

Of course, I will work around the price changes (who said they wouldn't - derr ...?), but I reserve my right to have complained on a forum (provided I don't do so incessantly) and hope you will "get over yourself" shortly, just as I have done with the prices of my midfielders having increased !!  Sheesh ...   ::)

HillHero13

sorry mate, i guess the way you wrote it i just took it in the wrong sort of tone.

but yeah, it just sounded like (in my head) and no offence, oh no foley is so much more expensive what am i going to do now?

but yeah, just took the tone the wrong way.

i do like the prices of some and i don't of some but the one's i dont, don't really affect me so that maybe why i'm defending it.

DamenS

LOL - no probs ... I actually had ALL of McLean, Foley and Bachar Houli in my mids, so it affected my ("finely honed" - I should know better by now - ROFL) structure a fair bit.  Just means my team will actually have to be significantly changed, but SuperCoach wasn't meant to be easy (oh wait - until they start producing those "newbie guides" and telling everybody which "rookies" they should have in their team and everybodies pre-season averages and, and  ... whoops !  Starting to complain again ... AAaaargh !!)

Torress

in no shape of ANY form would i be thinking of selecting brock mclean in my SC!! sorry DamenS - last thing i noticed and it stood out to me i don't care what the training reports say, he aint quite got the body for league footy.

anyway lads, i got today and tomo off work!!! so i got an early night in for today, there is a few POD from the fanplanner but overall i'm happy! yea salary cap is same and u must pick 3 extra players this year but we've been compensated with cheaper starting prices. but alot of midpricers just don't seem worth it - as mentioned, houli and foley prob don't have enough upside for me. krakeour is 200k??!! but compensation as he is mpp so if he cements his spot he is every chance of being my 6th or 7th forward.

this year we will have easy cover as we can easily pair up prem mpp with rookie mpp (we need to with bye). very good options on rookie front, mzunga is a bit of a shock with mpp but i'll take that!!! daniel harris aalot cheaper than first thought - could potentially go him instead of swallow saving 60k...
bloody exciting stuff, bugger off cricket the real sport is coming

HevvieEvvie

Quote from: Torress on February 01, 2011, 11:05:09 AM
bugger off cricket the real sport is coming

Dam STRAIGHT!

HillHero13

also, not being a dickhead to you.

but if i hear that anyone has Foley Houli AND Mclean in the team, would not want to see it.

DamenS

LOL - I DID actually finish 255th in 2009 so I am not a total idiot ... but having said that I hear your point - would be a HUUGE risk - but the payoff ??  Also bear in mind that that was when Mclean was only $215,000 (prefer him to Swallow who was about same price), Houli was about $250,000 and Foley was only about $280,000 in the FanPlanner - at those prices (look at their previous year averages if you don't believe me) they would be bargains ... and I actually had 2 on the bench in preference to expensive rookies ... not so dumb if you actually saw the team i managed to fit in (especially with the byes making the Bench players of increased importance).  :)

DamenS

PS - where's the "e" in HillHero13 ???

DamenS

Quote from: Torress on February 01, 2011, 11:05:09 AM
in no shape of ANY form would i be thinking of selecting brock mclean in my SC!! sorry DamenS - last thing i noticed and it stood out to me i don't care what the training reports say, he aint quite got the body for league footy.

LOL - no probs Torress - he was just a Bench player (I chose him over David Swallow) along with Houli and - at the time (before I found out his pricing in the REAL Supercoach), he only needed to play the first games of the season for me before I upgraded him to Gablett (barring unforeseen incidents) in Rnd 10.   :'(