Way Too Much Cash $

Started by maanco, January 31, 2011, 08:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maanco

i was preety well locked in my team but now it seams that when i put it in i will have over 200k in the bank, which is just crazy. i have 8 players over 400k and 8 others over 320k which i thought was to much already. but now i have
an extra 200k to spend which im just thinking of letting it sit in the bank because my team would still be competitive now even with the 200k in the bank.

Im thinking its way to much cash and those extra 4 trades wont need to be used.
what are your thoughts?

Robert Harvey 35

post your team. im sure you will find players that are iffy at best. the 200k could be used to upgrade your risky players to premium players who are dt jets. im sure you have a few of these risky players and you seem real confident with your team and im sure your confident in these players. but the reality is that every yr these mid pricers who are hyped pre season will fail. think robbie gray last yr. so if you have adcock morten otten knights pettard varcoe sherman. think whichy is the most likely to flop and upgrade with that cash.

Speculator

I agree with maanco. Too much cash equals too many teams which are the same with all the same top line premiums. If they gave everyone less cash you would have to get creative and take a punt on some more mid pricers. The way it is now, everyone just has Goddard and riewoldt and swallow and krakouer. It's a joke. You should be made to work for your all gun team, not complete it with 4 trades left. It is too easy with so much cash.

ossie85

It is way too easy to select teams this year

Holz

Quote from: Speculator on January 31, 2011, 10:59:46 PM
I agree with maanco. Too much cash equals too many teams which are the same with all the same top line premiums. If they gave everyone less cash you would have to get creative and take a punt on some more mid pricers. The way it is now, everyone just has Goddard and riewoldt and swallow and krakouer. It's a joke. You should be made to work for your all gun team, not complete it with 4 trades left. It is too easy with so much cash.

i agree about it being too easy, but i dont think krakouer will be popular among the good dt players

Prospector_1

Watch it all change on the eve of round 1, when we all can see that we won't have a full team on the ground!

Wes Mantooth

hmm I was discussing this today.
the trends have been showing people neglecting mid pricers for excessive numbers of true cash cows... maybe you have too many and they are trying to encourage teams to take a bigger risk?

elephants

i am in the same boat guys i have 180k left over? thats wayyy too much any thoughts? i thought adcock to a gun or something?

elephants

reconfig

If you have 2 GC players in every position (1 in ruck) for the bench, and then 2 more rookies (1 for your bench and 1 starter) for each position... is that too risky?

Nails

Quote from: reconfig on February 03, 2011, 05:15:11 PM
If you have 2 GC players in every position (1 in ruck) for the bench, and then 2 more rookies (1 for your bench and 1 starter) for each position... is that too risky?

Yes.
Although if you were to do this with any team GC would be best...
As you can use team selections round 1 to avoid this being an issue with GC's rd 1 bye.

However for their second bye, if you have 2 in each position you need each of your bench players to be playing and none of your other players injured. Too much of a risk and very unlikely IMO.

batch

Quote from: elephants on February 02, 2011, 08:44:26 PM
53K too much?

Sounds good. I reckon up to about 60k is ideal mate, nice to have a little left so not relying on rookies going up too quickly

Doogie

I've made my team with the same structure as i do at the start of every season and have almost 200k still in the bank (about 190k more then i normally do). But i think the idea is to have more money spent on benches with more established players then rookies, to cover for the byes. But i wont be doing this..  :P

brodman_18

Yeah should be buying at least 1 solid bench player in each position to cover for byes + injuries

Spite

None of you going to post your team here? I don't understand where you are coming from???