The sub rule is evil

Started by Hawka, January 31, 2011, 04:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

this is a guideline for a sub
QuoteClubs will not have to name their substitute until final teams are lodged 90 minutes before the bounce;
this is gona b tough cos we gota guess who it is

ossie85

valkorum

Boo.  They should be named at squad time or at worst named as 1 of the (now 4) emergencies.

Chopps

they should be named with the team but i am worried they will be named on interchange only

CuStArDaRm

hopefully we get an extra emergency or something.
I guess the strategy is to have your best 22 all def starters, no one who might be named a sub, hard to predict at the moment though.

CuStArDaRm

and what if say the pies are beating say WC by 90 points at half time and Swanny gets subbed off!!!!
I reckon that might be the real killer, your premiums getting subbed off in blow outs  :-[ shudder at the thought

bomberboy0618

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on January 31, 2011, 05:38:51 PM
and what if say the pies are beating say WC by 90 points at half time and Swanny gets subbed off!!!!
I reckon that might be the real killer, your premiums getting subbed off in blow outs  :-[ shudder at the thought
ahh!
u should be banned for uttering such horror, think of the children!
JOKING :D

CuStArDaRm

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on January 31, 2011, 05:43:37 PM
Quote from: CuStArDaRm on January 31, 2011, 05:38:51 PM
ahh!
u should be banned for uttering such horror, think of the children!
JOKING :D

Bwah ahahha I know sorry but its fvkin scary  :-X

Holz

anyone looking at this as a possible positive?. If some of the rookies are gtting subbed early on there averages should be horrible and be really cheap. once they make it onto the full squad you pick them up at bargain basement price. or premiums who get subbed of because of some small nggling inury will drop in price and be good pickups.

I think alot of people will be brunt by the subs, but smart/ lucky people could take advantage of it

CuStArDaRm

Personally Id love DT & SC to account for Pnts Per Minute to some degree. Maybe an overall extra that can be added onto the total score.
Dont know exactly how that would do it but in NBA Fantasy they have it.
It rreally makes it interesting because you can grab say a guy who plays a 40 minutes and scores 40 points but sometimes your better off with a guy who scores 20 in 15.
I think Next year they have to throw in some more variables.

brodman_18

Subs will be used predominately for injuries. Can't see a team subbing a bloke off at half time to rest him incase there is an injury in the second half. Thats what its there for.

hardnut

agreed Brodman.
Remember there are only 3 on the bench so a post-sub injury leaves a team with 2 and increased likelihood of further injuries due to low rotations.
I think it may be exercised at 3/4 time or 5 mins in last quarter much like soccer to try and take advantage of tiring opponents  by unleashing fresh runners.
Can't see super durable premiums wanting to go off at half time too often.

Holz

however if a premium has some small niggling injury they might take them off if they feel they are in the lead. e.g if swan cops a hit and they are 30 points up against the eagles at halftime i wouldnt be suprised if they took swan off

Cicjose

not for niggling injuries only injuries that have been managed that become worse during game time IMO

jabroni

lets say swan does have a niggling injury at half time but would malthouse be happy with just 3 on the bench if someone else gets properly injured in the second half?

that would leave 2 for rotations which as said above will lead to even more of a chance of extra injuries