Jugganauts

B S. Stevens, B. Rutten, G. Johncock
HB B.Rielly, P. Davis, R. Tambling
C R. Douglas, D. McKay, N. Van Berlo
HF R. Henderson, T. Walker, C. Knights
F P. Dangerfield, K.Tippet, J.Porplyzia
R I. Maric, B. Vince, S. Thompson
I/C M. Doughty, B. Smith, A. Otten, J. Lyons

Just outside the best 22: B. Martin, S. Jacobs, C. McKernan, M Jaensch, C, Schimdt, B, Symes, J Patrenko

I have picked first year players in Jarrod Lyons and Brodie Smith because i believe they are ready both at a reasonably size and their ball skill is above par, Both are very intelligent with the ball in hands and their endurance is suberb.

I have put Ivan Maric ahead of Sam Jacobs mainly because Maric has the ability to move up into the forward line and be that extra tall the Maric/Tippet partnership will be very vital towards Adelaides success.

Wheater or not Andy Otten is ready to return to AFL i believe he is still in Adelaides best 22 he provides that run out of alf back deffinetly needed after Tyson Edwards and Andrew McLeod left the team but could easily be left out of the squad if Tambling plays well early.

A tough decision was who to put at centre half back, Scott Stevens played there before so did Chris Schimdt and Phil Davis but Davis did impress the most so he gets the spot.

I will be doing all 17 teams so if you liked reading this looking out for my other team posts, If you have any questions regarding this team i will be more than happy to respond

McRooster

They gave Rory Sloane the #9 guernsey (Tyson Edward's old number) and he is a tackling machine. Will play more 2011 games than some of the players you've put up  ;)
Mackay will take the wing, Lyons won't. Replacing Mackay in your centre will be Dangerfield after having served his apprentieship and allow the skillful mature talent of Callinan to be the small crumbing forward. This will release Porpoise to be more a high forward with Walker and keep the pointy end of the 50 open for Tippett.
To point out too how far off the mark this team is, you forgot to include the Club Best and Fairest from last year - Richard Douglas  ::)
On the back of a career best season rotating from half forward and through midfield he showed he's more than ready to step up to the next tier.

Jugganauts

Ah knew i forgot something thanks the pointing it out. So you have Callinan ahead of Lyons intersting, Maybe your right with Adelaide having two many running midfielders, Hard to see him get alot of games though due to him being on the rookie list

TOM15

Quote from: Jugganauts on January 28, 2011, 06:15:37 PM
HB B.Rielly, P. Davis, R. Tambling
C R. Douglas, D. McKay, N. Van Berlo
HF R. Henderson, T. Walker, C. Knights
F P. Dangerfield, K.Tippet, J.Porplyzia
R I. Maric, B. Vince, S. Thompson
I/C M. Doughty, B. Smith, A. Otten, J. Lyons

Just outside the best 22: B. Martin, S. Jacobs, C. McKernan, M Jaensch, C, Schimdt, B, Symes, J Patrenko

I have picked first year players in Jarrod Lyons and Brodie Smith because i believe they are ready both at a reasonably size and their ball skill is above par, Both are very intelligent with the ball in hands and their endurance is suberb.

I have put Ivan Maric ahead of Sam Jacobs mainly because Maric has the ability to move up into the forward line and be that extra tall the Maric/Tippet partnership will be very vital towards Adelaides success.

Wheater or not Andy Otten is ready to return to AFL i believe he is still in Adelaides best 22 he provides that run out of alf back deffinetly needed after Tyson Edwards and Andrew McLeod left the team but could easily be left out of the squad if Tambling plays well early.

A tough decision was who to put at centre half back, Scott Stevens played there before so did Chris Schimdt and Phil Davis but Davis did impress the most so he gets the spot.

I will be doing all 17 teams so if you liked reading this looking out for my other team posts, If you have any questions regarding this team i will be more than happy to respond

I think you mean shaun :)

CrowsFan

I would also say when fit Brodie Martin will be in the team ahead of Smith at this point in time.
Craig barely plays first year players right off the bat so wouldn't expect to see Smith till later on in the year

Jugganauts

Your right he doesn't play first year players straight away but after last year shocking start to the year plus the retirment of several key players (McLeod, Goodwin, Edwars etc) i feel that Smith is already ahead of Martin in talent wise and fitness.

Knowall

Quote from: Jugganauts on January 29, 2011, 02:59:45 PM
Your right he doesn't play first year players straight away but after last year shocking start to the year plus the retirment of several key players (McLeod, Goodwin, Edwars etc) i feel that Smith is already ahead of Martin in talent wise and fitness.
Are u guessing when u say that??
Martin from reports is having a great preseason and im backing him to be lining up rd 1.  The most smith will play is handful of games mid-late season.  U only have had to see one of Martin's games to recognise the talent he has and I dont know why ud think an 18 year old in his first preseason would be fitter than Martin

Macca#23

HB A. Otten, P. Davis, R. Tambling
C D. Mackay, S. Thompson, R. Sloane
HF R. Douglas, T. Walker, C. Knights
F P. Dangerfield, K.Tippett, J.Porplyzia
R I. Maric, B. Vince, NVB
I/C M. Doughty, R. Henderson, B. Martin

That's the team I'd go with. Remember there's only a 3 man bench with 1 substitute this season. I'm finding it hard to come to a decision for who the sub should be. Who do you guys reckon it should be.

Not a fan of Reilly, never have been. He's just a boring player imo and doesn't add a lot to the team. He's had many chances before and hasn't really proved he deserves a spot in our side.
Unfortunately i think Jacobs won't get in the 22 unless he's a sub.
Smith won't be in the team in round 1 if we have close to full strength team.

McRooster

Bernie Vince said on radio two nights ago "Ian Callinan, we've all seen what he can do at Centrals but it's the things he's been doing at training that a lot of us are still trying to learn that has impressed everyone so much. He is absolutely in the mix and is among the three players next most likely"
Martin and Jaensch were the other two he alluded to.

Knowall

Quote from: McRooster on January 30, 2011, 01:32:37 AM
Bernie Vince said on radio two nights ago "Ian Callinan, we've all seen what he can do at Centrals but it's the things he's been doing at training that a lot of us are still trying to learn that has impressed everyone so much. He is absolutely in the mix and is among the three players next most likely"
Macca, I consider Reilly a walkup start, until he prves he can no longer do his job as well.  He isnt the most exciting player.  But hes a good inside player and more importantly he did some good jobs running with players like Ablett and keeping their scores low.  Who would tag if there no Rielly, VB?
I think Callinan and Jaensch might be playing for the same similar spot, as that small forward.  But theres the option playing further up the ground?
I dont understand what u mean by the next best 3? is that what Vince said
Also in that interview what did he say about his injury?

Macca#23

Quote from: Knowall on January 30, 2011, 02:21:43 AM
Quote from: McRooster on January 30, 2011, 01:32:37 AM
Macca, I consider Reilly a walkup start, until he prves he can no longer do his job as well.  He isnt the most exciting player.  But hes a good inside player and more importantly he did some good jobs running with players like Ablett and keeping their scores low.  Who would tag if there no Rielly, VB?
I think Callinan and Jaensch might be playing for the same similar spot, as that small forward.  But theres the option playing further up the ground?
I dont understand what u mean by the next best 3? is that what Vince said
Also in that interview what did he say about his injury?

We already have players like Knights, Porplyzia, Douglas and Dangerfield who can play a small forward role. I can't see Callinan or Jaensch playing that role as long as those players mentioned above are fit and firing.

McRooster

VB's words were as I said "the three players next most likely". Now that could mean they were the next 3 to have an impact at senior level or it could mean they are just outside the 22, it's a rather ambiguous statement.
Van Berlo spoke freely about his back and admitted he can't do everything he used to but stated he could run freely and had learned how to adapt his restricted kicking distance into his game. It is only on the fullest of extensions with a longer kick that VB has the referred pain into his back.
I agree with Macca that as long as Porps and Knighter stay fit it will be hard for Callinan and Jaensch to find a regular senior spot.

Knowall

Quote from: McRooster on January 30, 2011, 07:53:51 PM
VB's words were as I said "the three players next most likely". Now that could mean they were the next 3 to have an impact at senior level or it could mean they are just outside the 22, it's a rather ambiguous statement.
Van Berlo spoke freely about his back and admitted he can't do everything he used to but stated he could run freely and had learned how to adapt his restricted kicking distance into his game. It is only on the fullest of extensions with a longer kick that VB has the referred pain into his back.
I agree with Macca that as long as Porps and Knighter stay fit it will be hard for Callinan and Jaensch to find a regular senior spot.
U said that Bernie Vince was in the interview in ur post before, but its good to hear VB and that he is fit tho.  But i really wanna hear anything new on Vince's knee
id pefer Porplyzia, Knights, Douglas over Jaensch and Callinan but i think one of those two is going to play plenty of games, due to other players with injuries.

McRooster

Quote from: Knowall on January 30, 2011, 09:00:04 PM
Quote from: McRooster on January 30, 2011, 07:53:51 PM
U said that Bernie Vince was in the interview in ur post before, but its good to hear VB and that he is fit tho.  But i really wanna hear anything new on Vince's knee
id pefer Porplyzia, Knights, Douglas over Jaensch and Callinan but i think one of those two is going to play plenty of games, due to other players with injuries.
:-[ You truly are a Knowall 8)

You even know what I'm meaning to say when I'm typing it wrongly  :P

Rooster - what a cock-up! However I am sure that Bernie Vince does enjoy a VB  ;)

Thanks Knowall  :)