Main Menu

SHUEY

Started by ronl, January 26, 2011, 11:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronl

I've got this guy pencilled in as my 6th mid.  He impressed me in the few games he played last year.  How do you guys think he stacks up against the likes of D. Swallow, Heppell, Gaff,  Bennell etc?  I'm thinking he may represent incredible value in that he's already shown he can average 75 or over at senior level.

Brett H

I reckon shuey is a good bet to outscore all of the players that you have listed, and he is in West Coasts best 22 - but he is very injury prone, therefore the risk that you take with him is that he may not even play as many games as the guys that you have listed!!!

MTTY

I'm probably going to go Gaff over him but he may slip in

McRooster

Quote from: Brett H on January 26, 2011, 06:57:35 PM
I reckon shuey is a good bet to outscore all of the players that you have listed, and he is in West Coasts best 22 - but he is very injury prone, therefore the risk that you take with him is that he may not even play as many games as the guys that you have listed!!!
Just how often do you get Glandular fever?  ::)

daisycrazy

Yes, I don't recall him being injured last year - he had glandular. 

I think he's a good prospect for 2011 but given Kerr's return (http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/kerr-still-struggling-109504) and Gaff potentially getting games, perhaps Shuey won't get games consistently??  I had him in my original team and then dropped him for Foley.  Will keep an eye out in pre-season...

Brett H

McRooster - Shuey had knee issues last year, and only got the glandular fever mid / later in the year.

He has also had soft tissue injuries (and other issues) over the past 2 years that he has been at the Eagles, hence he has only played 6 games in 2 years ;D

dylsta05

Quote from: MTTY on January 26, 2011, 08:52:40 PM
I'm probably going to go Gaff over him but he may slip in
+1

hardnut

A number of the reasons for him missing games have been freak occurrences such as glandular fever, broken leg and death in the family. Probably the unluckiest player in the AFL.

None of the above can be expected to happen again and he is easily in WCE best 22. I think we can expect an 85+ avg from this guy.

It will come down to NAB form for me between Gaff/Shuey but I'm hoping Shuey gives me a reason to pick him.

elephants

I made a thread on him earlier and I like him a lot I think he will really step it up this year :)

LiveTheDream

Quote from: hardnut on January 27, 2011, 01:04:00 PM
A number of the reasons for him missing games have been freak occurrences such as glandular fever, broken leg and death in the family. Probably the unluckiest player in the AFL.

None of the above can be expected to happen again and he is easily in WCE best 22. I think we can expect an 85+ avg from this guy.

It will come down to NAB form for me between Gaff/Shuey but I'm hoping Shuey gives me a reason to pick him.

completely agree

MTTY

Quote from: hardnut on January 27, 2011, 01:04:00 PM

Yeah surely it cant happen that often again

elephants

hoping he will get in but will i have problems in round 5 covering gaff and shuey?

popedelio

Shuey is a beast and will get games over Gaff easy, Gaff only joined the club, doesn't mean he is goint to debut rd 1. Say if shuey and gaff were competing for starting 22 position for rd 1, Shuey will be picked.

brodman_18

Yeah, burnt by Shuey (and I know it was all freak stuff) but wouldn't pick him based on past history. If he goes nuts in the NAB, i'll possibly take a punt on him

down fa froffys

Shuey is a lock for me. He's the same price as the 1st rnd rooks but he now has 3 pre seasons under his belt.