Main Menu

FFPL Match Day 8

Started by 8-6 Suited, January 26, 2011, 04:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

I was bored, and wanted to get some opinions out on the games for this weeks FFPL. Sorry ML for stealing your thread haha Post away your predictions as well. :D

Matchday 8 Fixture:

The Brat Pack v Hello
Roo Boys! v Fletch's No Balls
DazBurg's Greatness v John Howard's Coathangers
Gunz n Rozez v Feeling Sheepish
Academy of Ireland and Aus v Tickle My Timber

Shaggy's Predictions:

(4-3) The Brat Pack v Hello (6-1)
Pitch: Hard --- Weather: Humid

I think this could be one of the matches of the round in a terms of closeness. While HP has a solid seam attack, so does BP. BP's might actually be slightly better. These match conditions however will ultimately favour the toss. Whoever wins the toss (or losses) and bats first, have the opportunity to post a big score but the conditions will hamper their bowling effort if it gets into the tail.

Prediction: The Brat Pack by 3 wickets or 30 runs.

(4-3) Roo Boys! ( v Fletch's No Balls (3-4)
Pitch: Dry --- Weather: Humid

A giant killer in Fletch takes on R&B, one of the higher rating members in the FFPL and FF in general. By far, an upset is possible however in Dry conditions as Fletch has a strong spin side. Ultimately I feel whoever bowls first in this match will have the best advantage to take the W. If I have to pick someone however, I think R&B has the better batting line up to be able to do the damage.

Prediction: Roo Boys! by 2 wickets or 20 runs.

(2-5) DazBurg's Greatness v John Howard's Coathangers (3-4)
Pitch: Hard --- Weather: Humid

Difficult one really as it can go both ways. I think however ML will get up in this match rather comfortably with a superior bowling attack. The batting should make for a good match however the strength of ML's in comparison is just too much I believe for Daz to overcome to win.

Prediction: John Howard's Coathangers by 4 wickets or 45 runs.

(6-1) Gunz n Rozez v Feeling Sheepish (4-3)
Pitch: Dry --- Weather: Humid

By far the closest match this week. Could go either way as both have fantastic teams. Personally I would like Alex to win to close the gap going into the final weeks on the top places to make it a bit more challenging. But the conditions favour the much stronger bowling department of BOOMZ, while the batting is reasonably close together. It will be a game of tactics... Whoever has the better, will win.

Prediction: BOOMZ by 2 wickets or 15 runs.

(0-7) Academy of Ireland and Aus v Tickle My Timber (3-4)
Pitch: Hard --- Weather: Sunny

I don't really see this match being exceptionally close given the conditions. Having much better bowling and batting line ups, I think it will leave Q in a state of bother. Will take some good tactics to overcome that gap. Nothing is out of the possible as Q can do it. I just think Menza can't. Probably the most one sided match of the round. I will be playing a team in an effort to break the 160k barrier with some luck hopefully so it will be strong and hard to beat.

Prediction: Tickle My Timber by 5 wickets or 80 runs.

Okay that's me done. Feel free to give it a go and predict some of your own results.

-Shags

roo boys!

Yeah I'm a bit scared of the Giant Killer :-\

Dry pitch leaves me in some bother, I'm not sure whether I should play the third spinner over Stevenson/Qasim as the next best spinner I have is Duncan who is a capable bowl, compared to Stevenson/Qasim who are Outstanding bowls...Duncan would give me more batting depth for the dry pitch. Arggh so hard!

Fletch74

I rated almost 140k last night R&B ;) You should win though :)

bomberboy0618

Fletch74

bomberboy0618

roo boys!

Quote from: Fletch74 on January 26, 2011, 09:50:24 AM
I rated almost 140k last night R&B ;) You should win though :)
Oh no. I am in trouble. You are within 15k which is about the margain I think which means the game could go either way.

Alex7089

Bad news R&B

I think BP Vs HP  Vs. Alex Vs. BOOMZ for the game of the round :p

BOOMZ was all up on his lonesome with the 150k ratings but has since seen a few new members to the 150 club.
It will be tight but like you said on a dry pitch :-\
I have to make a big call- Play the slightly superior fm and 2 levels better batsman over the third spinner?

PS Nobody answer this I know what I'm going to do just wanted to build suspense :O

DazBurg

hey no stealing my giant killer tag....lol  :P :P :P :P

roo boys!

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 26, 2011, 11:04:41 AM

BOOMZ was all up on his lonesome with the 150k ratings but has since seen a few new members to the 150 club.

That's not true....

Alex7089

I kow you were there but you are an original :p
OK >> BOOMZ & R&B were up on their lonesome with the 150k ratings but has since seen a few new members to the 150 club.
?

MajorLazer

Don't worry Shaggy, although you were a day early. ;)

Get ready Daz. 2-1 in my favour after tomorrow. ;)

roo boys!

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 26, 2011, 01:03:08 PM
I kow you were there but you are an original :p
OK >> BOOMZ & R&B were up on their lonesome with the 150k ratings but has since seen a few new members to the 150 club.
?
;D Well I wasn't exactly an original. I joined after Q did actually.

The first FF players were reesbr, CC, valk, HP, and Q. (first reply on the almighty thread goes to Q ;)) Although Q's team got deactivated after a while so he made a new one. BP joined just after me ;) And Alex, you actually posted on the FTP thread before me ;)

DazBurg

Quote from: MajorLazer on January 26, 2011, 02:45:17 PM

bring it on ML :P
though i'm a lil worried to tell the truth u seem to have spiked in ratings
but that just means the giant killer in my team comes out

MajorLazer

Quote from: DazBurg on January 26, 2011, 03:04:27 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on January 26, 2011, 02:45:17 PM

bring it on ML :P
though i'm a lil worried to tell the truth u seem to have spiked in ratings
but that just means the giant killer in my team comes out
The transfers that I'm looking to make end after our match, so you should count yourself lucky. :P

I really need to get Walsh out, or I won't win. He killed me last time. A hard pitch disadvantages me so much. :(