MTTY's Overall team

Started by MTTY, January 24, 2011, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Going for overall with this team

DEF: B. Gibbs, C. Bruce, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, H. Shaw, A. Otten, D. Heppell (B. Jacobs, J. Toy, C. Howard)
MID: B. Goddard, D. Swan, L. Anthony, D. Swallow, A. Gaff, A. Krakouer (I. Smith, M. Hibberd, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, P. Ryder (Z. Smith, M.Bailey)
FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, C. Sylvia, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, S. Phillips, C. Richardson)
CASH LEFT: $49,800

Bye RND/No. of premiums out/no. of cheapies and rookies out/no. of bench players out
4           /                  2          /                 0                                /          1
5          /                   1         /                  1                               /           2
6         /                    5        /                   0                              /            2
16      /                     3       /                    2                             /             2
19     /                      1      /                     0                            /              0

Thoughts?               

tferrier18

This is a different team to the countdown team right? So your countdown team is going for the league win?

I'd try and bring the total no. of prems out over rounds 4,5&6 to 6 if you can.
I'd get rid of Bruce, he's getting on a bit so wouldn't anticipate his score increasing. Another reason to trade him out is that it will help your bye situation...he could be an upgrade target if you really want him in your side.

H. Shaw is like a yo-yo, very frustrating. Has potential to increase though so no probs.

Your midfield seems pretty weak, definitely need to turn anthony into a prem.

Rucks are good, I like ryder.

Fwds aren't too bad...since your last 3 fwds have elements of risk in their selection, i'd prefer to see sylvia upgraded to a didak or pav (although pav wouldn't help your bye situation).

8.5/10 - I like that you're starting krakouer, but there's a few things from my perspective that need changing.

Luigi197

Quote from: MTTY on January 24, 2011, 02:10:40 PM
Going for overall with this team

DEF: B. Gibbs, C. Bruce, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, H. Shaw, A. Otten, D. Heppell (B. Jacobs, J. Toy, C. Howard)
MID: B. Goddard, D. Swan, L. Anthony, D. Swallow, A. Gaff, A. Krakouer (I. Smith, M. Hibberd, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, P. Ryder (Z. Smith, T. McDonald)
FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, C. Sylvia, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, S. Phillips, C. Richardson)
CASH LEFT: $49,800

Bye RND/No. of premiums out/no. of cheapies and rookies out/no. of bench players out
4           /                  2          /                 0                                /          1
5          /                   1         /                  1                               /           2
6         /                    5        /                   0                              /            2
16      /                     3       /                    2                             /             2
19     /                      1      /                     0                            /              0

Thoughts?               

Yea i dont like Bruce in there and dont think Shaw will be a good grab this season...
a bit wary with only 2 mid-prems....
rest looks good

Luigi :)

MTTY

cheers guys and yeah this is different to the countdown unsure wether i will go for league or overall

Patrician

Hey MTTY, my 2 cents in return.

DEF - Where's Goddard? You've gotta have God...oh, there he is ::)
       - I'd agree with Luigi, I'm not sure of Bruce.  Or sure about Shaw, for that matter.
       - Otherwise fine.

MID - Not sure that Krakouer is a good starter, but lets see him play before I decide on that.
       - Anthony is a tempting MID, but at number 3? I'm taking a risk with Foley at number 4 by comparison and I'm still a bit nervous about it. It could pay off for you though.
       - I wish I could fit Gaff, Swallow and Polec into my team, but I can't. Don't forget Polec, in case Gaff doesn't look the goods.

RUC - All fine. Being picky though, McDonald (5/16) has a bye at the same time as Sandilands (the 16) and Ryder (the 5), so maybe wanna get someone else. Also, as you pointed out McDonald is no longer MPP (Boo!) I'm presuming you'll replace him so you can bring Petrie in somehow if needed.

FWD - This looks set. Just gotta hope Knights and Sylvia pay off.

GENERAL - yeah, round 6 is looking nasty.

Bye suggestions: Broughton for Hurn - 1 bye from 6/16, to 5/15.
                            Bruce for Lake - 1 bye from 6/17, to 4/20.

Looking pretty good though.           

Luigi197

Quote from: Patrician on January 27, 2011, 03:52:53 PM
Hey MTTY, my 2 cents in return.

DEF - Where's Goddard? You've gotta have God...oh, there he is ::)
       - I'd agree with Luigi, I'm not sure of Bruce.  Or sure about Shaw, for that matter.
       - Otherwise fine.

MID - Not sure that Krakouer is a good starter, but lets see him play before I decide on that.
       - Anthony is a tempting MID, but at number 3? I'm taking a risk with Foley at number 4 by comparison and I'm still a bit nervous about it. It could pay off for you though.
       - I wish I could fit Gaff, Swallow and Polec into my team, but I can't. Don't forget Polec, in case Gaff doesn't look the goods.

RUC - All fine. Being picky though, McDonald (5/16) has a bye at the same time as Sandilands (the 16) and Ryder (the 5), so maybe wanna get someone else. Also, as you pointed out McDonald is no longer MPP (Boo!) I'm presuming you'll replace him so you can bring Petrie in somehow if needed.

FWD - This looks set. Just gotta hope Knights and Sylvia pay off.

GENERAL - yeah, round 6 is looking nasty.

Bye suggestions: Broughton for Hurn - 1 bye from 6/16, to 5/15.
                            Bruce for Lake - 1 bye from 6/17, to 4/20.

Looking pretty good though.         

wow good review!
got that MT!!!  ;)

Patrician

mwhahahaha....

I can see why you lurk in here Luigi, reviewing teams. It's kinda fun  8)

Luigi197

Quote from: Patrician on January 27, 2011, 03:55:43 PM
mwhahahaha....

I can see why you lurk in here Luigi, reviewing teams. It's kinda fun  8)

yea this website is awesome isnt it!
aside from helpin ppl and havin fun; im also trying to get towards coach. only 560 to go  ::)

MTTY

Cheers Guys trying to go a little unique as well i forgot to change McDonald to Bailey

Luigi197

Quote from: MTTY on January 27, 2011, 03:59:08 PM
Cheers Guys trying to go a little unique as well i forgot to change McDonald to Bailey

yep cheers