I will give my opinion on teams

Started by MTTY, January 24, 2011, 01:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pablo

gday mtty
I know mid looks week but i thought this year there are too many tasty cash options.Will give this a go and just concentrate on upgrading the midfield.

TEAM NAME: harzaunited
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, C. Enright, S. Hurn, A. Otten, D. Heppell (J. Toy, N. Duigan, P. Faulks)
MID: M. Boyd, S. Burgoyne, N. Foley, D. Harris, L. Shuey, B. McLean (B. Jacobs, T. Mzungu, I. Callinan)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (Z. Smith, J. Redden)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, J. Brown, R. O'Keefe, S. Higgins, A. Krakouer (I. Smith, C. Richardson, L. Tapscott)
CASH LEFT: $1,100

MTTY

Quote from: pablo on January 27, 2011, 12:23:14 AM
gday mtty
I know mid looks week but i thought this year there are too many tasty cash options.Will give this a go and just concentrate on upgrading the midfield.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, C. Enright, S. Hurn, A. Otten, D. Heppell (J. Toy, N. Duigan, P. Faulks)
MID: M. Boyd, S. Burgoyne, N. Foley, D. Harris, L. Shuey, B. McLean (B. Jacobs, T. Mzungu, I. Callinan)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, J. Brown, R. O'Keefe, S. Higgins, A. Krakouer (I. Smith, C. Richardson, L. Tapscott)

Hey mate

Backs- Very Very good.

Mids- I actually dont mind your mids have the potential to make you lots of cash and score well.

Rucks- Very good rucks

Forward- Pretty good forwards but watch out for Higgins he gets injured a lot.

Overall 9/10

pablo

cheers mate
had Higgins last few years and he burnt me but I guess you have to take risks to get any where.hopefully everyone steers clear and he smokes it but if he breaks down then I guess I'll have to use one of thoes extra trades we get.
thanks again

MTTY

Quote from: pablo on January 27, 2011, 08:15:11 PM
cheers mate
had Higgins last few years and he burnt me but I guess you have to take risks to get any where.hopefully everyone steers clear and he smokes it but if he breaks down then I guess I'll have to use one of thoes extra trades we get.
thanks again
yeah mate cant get anywhere without risks i myself am going with Cam Bruce

McRooster

Quote from: MTTY on January 27, 2011, 02:34:01 PM
gday mtty

Hey mate

Backs- Very Very good.

Mids- I actually dont mind your mids have the potential to make you lots of cash and score well.

Rucks- Very good rucks

Overall 9/10
9/10? You are too kind.

Backs - 2.5/2.5, agreed very good.
Mids - 1.0/2.5, not one of those mids played 22 games of AFL last year and to make good of the bravery of the decision to start like this you will have to burn trades.
Rucks - 2.0/2.5, Redden unlikely to play (think Lobbe of last year and his lack of opportunity given Port talls depth)
Fwds - 2.0/2.5, injury history clouds over Brown and Higgins, exactly what role will Krakoeur play if any, and how will ROK structure into a developing Swans midfield on the back of an up and down year last year where his head was not in the right place.
Lack of left over cash, minus .5 (whilst this may be a harsh penalty, I believe you do need a small nest egg to begin the season)

Total 7/10

MTTY

Quote from: McRooster on January 27, 2011, 09:42:18 PM
Quote from: MTTY on January 27, 2011, 02:34:01 PM
gday mtty

Hey mate

Backs- Very Very good.

Rucks- Very good rucks

Overall 9/10
9/10? You are too kind.

Backs - 2.5/2.5, agreed very good.
Mids - 1.0/2.5, not one of those mids played 22 games of AFL last year and to make good of the bravery of the decision to start like this you will have to burn trades.
Rucks - 2.0/2.5, Redden unlikely to play (think Lobbe of last year and his lack of opportunity given Port talls depth)
Fwds - 2.0/2.5, injury history clouds over Brown and Higgins, exactly what role will Krakoeur play if any, and how will ROK structure into a developing Swans midfield on the back of an up and down year last year where his head was not in the right place.
Lack of left over cash, minus .5 (whilst this may be a harsh penalty, I believe you do need a small nest egg to begin the season)

Total 7/10
yes some have told me i am too kind but for me i don mind the unique mids if they are fit and Redden has been tearing it up on the track and word is he will play ;), we all have different opinions though Roost thats what makes us unique thats what makes me go for Melbourne and you go for Adelaide ;D

McRooster

What gave it away I go for Adelaide ?  ;)

I would love to see Redden step up once given an opportunity, the name Redden is strong at Roosterland - Mick wore # 42 through the success of the 80's at North Adelaide. 8)

That's the beauty of this forum, we all have our free opinion and our input helps crystallise what we are trying to achieve. It would be boring if we were all the same wouldn't it ?

Keep up the good work MTTY  ;D

MTTY

Quote from: McRooster on January 27, 2011, 10:27:07 PM
What gave it away I go for Adelaide ?  ;)

I would love to see Redden step up once given an opportunity, the name Redden is strong at Roosterland - Mick wore # 42 through the success of the 80's at North Adelaide. 8)

That's the beauty of this forum, we all have our free opinion and our input helps crystallise what we are trying to achieve. It would be boring if we were all the same wouldn't it ?

Keep up the good work MTTY  ;D
Cheers McRoost and we would all just end up with the same team

nostradamus

l have been really careful with player spreads, with respect to the byes!!

l have gone for 7 GC players (hav to get past round 1 safely!!), with a view to having some cash cows by round 9

mids are risky but l think they have good upside.....l reckon foley, houli and harris will all play and score better than rooks.....will b looking to upgrade heavily in mids over season

salary cap left: $8,500

Brendon Goddard c/b, Bryce Gibbs c/b, Corey Enright, Brett Deledio c/b, Beau Waters, Andy Otten, Dyson Heppell c/b
Michael Coad, Josh Toy, Nicholas Duigan

Dane Swan, Brent Stanton, Bachar Houli, David Swallow, Daniel Harris, Nathan Foley
Ben Jacobs c/b, Shaun Atley, Tendai Mzungu c/f

Aaron Sandilands, Drew Petrie
Zac Smith, Max Bailey

Paul Chapman c/f, Alan Didak c/f, Colin Sylvia c/f, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Chris Knights, Dion Prestia c/f
Brandon Matera, Cameron Richardson, Ian Callinan c/f

MTTY

Quote from: nostradamus on January 27, 2011, 10:42:22 PM

l have gone for 7 GC players (hav to get past round 1 safely!!), with a view to having some cash cows by round 9

mids are risky but l think they have good upside.....l reckon foley, houli and harris will all play and score better than rooks.....will b looking to upgrade heavily in mids over season

Brendon Goddard c/b, Bryce Gibbs c/b, Corey Enright, Brett Deledio c/b, Beau Waters, Andy Otten, Dyson Heppell c/b

Dane Swan, Brent Stanton, Bachar Houli, David Swallow, Daniel Harris, Nathan Foley

Zac Smith, Max Bailey

Paul Chapman c/f, Alan Didak c/f, Colin Sylvia c/f, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Chris Knights, Dion Prestia c/f

Good quality backs Waters could improve further with a leadership role.

Ok midfield could make you a lot of cash but if you are going with that structure it is probably better to upgrade Stants to a super premium

Great rucks

Forwards are solid as i have said before just keep an eye out in NAB for Didak and Brown. ;)

Overall 9/10

nostradamus

Quote from: MTTY on January 27, 2011, 10:50:44 PM

Zac Smith, Max Bailey

Ok midfield could make you a lot of cash but if you are going with that structure it is probably better to upgrade Stants to a super premium

Great rucks

Forwards are solid as i have said before just keep an eye out in NAB for Didak and Brown. ;)

Overall 9/10

l totally get where ur coming from on stanton....but l really think this is his breakout year
....will definately b watchin browny & dids
....and what do you think of my player spread for the byes???

Thx for ur awesome write-ups mate

MTTY

Quote from: nostradamus on January 27, 2011, 11:04:18 PM
Quote from: MTTY on January 27, 2011, 10:50:44 PM

Zac Smith, Max Bailey

Great rucks

Overall 9/10

l totally get where ur coming from on stanton....but l really think this is his breakout year
....will definately b watchin browny & dids
....and what do you think of my player spread for the byes???

Thx for ur awesome write-ups mate
Cheers mate and yeah the structures good i too think it may be Stants year, same as Griffen, Mundy annd Boak

sinclair39

hey mate can you rate my latest side

(At the moment 12/5/10/6 with $14,700 left)

Back: Goddard*, Gibbs*, Deledio*, Gilbert" Adcock, Otten, Jacobs*
(Coad, Toy, Hibberd)
Mid: Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Anthony, D.Swallow, Gaff
(Heppel, Atley, Mzungu^)
Ruck: Sandilands, Petrie~
(Lycett, Z.Smith)
Fwd: N.Riewoldt, Didak^, Pavlich^, Rioli, Knights, Prestia^, I.Smith
(Talia", Richardson, T.McDonald~)

MTTY

Quote from: sinclair39 on January 27, 2011, 11:11:44 PM
hey mate can you rate my latest side

(At the moment 12/5/10/6 with $14,700 left)

Back: Goddard*, Gibbs*, Deledio*, Gilbert" Adcock, Otten, Jacobs*
(Coad, Toy, Hibberd)
Mid: Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Anthony, D.Swallow, Gaff
(Heppel, Atley, Mzungu^)
Ruck: Sandilands, Petrie~
(Lycett, Z.Smith)
Fwd: N.Riewoldt, Didak^, Pavlich^, Rioli, Knights, Prestia^, I.Smith
(Talia", Richardson, T.McDonald~)

Great backs with a lot of upside there.

Great mids nothing wrong with that.

Great rucks, make sure Lycett gets games, not too much of a worry though.

Solid forwards just be careful starting 2 rookie forwards and watch Didak closely in NAB

Overall 9/10

pablo

personally I find this year an absolute gold mine for players who were hard done by injurys
most of them now have had a full preseason and should go on and perform like they did a couple of years ago.It's just a mock team till we can see there form in the nab cup and if they are on track then you would be crazy to miss out.I don't understand your point about rok.the guy has one bad year carrying an injury for half a year and you right him of.I bet he was in your team a couple of years ago Rooster.Also what's the point of having cash left over,the idea is to make money on players not save money.