Main Menu

Outrageous ruck proposition

Started by madskill55, January 23, 2011, 08:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madskill55

Ruck dilemma. Everyone is mostly getting sandilands/cox as their first ruckman with either of jolly, petrie, jacobs etc as their second ruck with zac smith on the bench with tom mcdonald as last bench ruck....
Lets say for arguements sake you have Sandy/Jolly/Smith/McDonald (with petrie in ur fwd line) = $930k for the 4 ruckmen.

Knowing that Z.Smith is in the leadership team why not making him second ruck and have something like Sandy/Z.Smith/McDonald/(75k ruckman) = $675k... if u have a bye or an injury just switch petrie in... u could have a lot of free cash to upgrade rookies later on and its a mssive risk and if z.smith plays every game n fires with an average of 75+, he's good enough to be the second ruck isnt he?

Or you could do the combination of Sandy/Z.Smith/D.Hale/(75k ruckman R/F) = $770k... Hale is moved to the hawks and is listed as R/F so you can alternate between smith and hale as second ruck and if an injury striikes u can swap in the 75k R/F or even hale for petrie. This way ur saving 160k and the previous option ur saving 260k.

Due to the new conditions in 2011, it may be well you need 2 dominant rucks from start to end but is it even worth considering either of the options mentioned considering Z.Smith will mainly do the ruckwork considering Fraser will play fwd line (help out with 30% of the ruckwork) and he will also play most games cause he's in the leadership group? Just a thought, what do people think?

CuStArDaRm

Nothing wrong with that idea at all. Luckily for me Ive saved cash else where so I haev plenty to do what I want in the ruck but to me thats a sound idea.
At the moment I smith on the bench and fraser on the ground with petrie fwd but that will probably change another 20 times ;)

But yeh nothing wrong with that mate he is definately a gun just a matter of if he will score well with Fraser taking No.1 ruck spot.

Junktimer

not bad.  but dont expect big numbers from Smitta this year

McRooster

I posted that idea long ago before any leadership group announcement.  ::)

Similar in the way we all talked about Kruzer two seasons ago as a second year playing ruck.

Look, Zac Smith will be a serious cash cow (unlike last years 3rd ruck favourite - Robert Warnock)

bomberboy0618

thou shalt not speak of warnock  >:(
doesnt play when i need him  >:(

Adz23

The ruck is a bit of a dilemma this year i will agree with that, in the past ive found ive got with 1 prem ruck, 1 mid-prem ruck, 1 rookie ruck that is geting a game and the 4th ruck ive never worked about, however i tend to find with injuries or non performers or games sat out by ruckmen for resting them, it bites you in the bum somewhere through out the yr..

my theory this yr is to go with 4 established ruck men, now this is a costly affair however aside injuries, if uve got 4 established ruckmen, you will hardly need to use a trade on your ruck division all year..

so this yr im planning on starting off with Sanidlands and Jolly as the main rucks, with J.Fraser and S.Jacobs as the bench.. now it is a lil crazy to spend so much on your ruck.. ill admit that i mean the fan planner suggest this ruck combo will come to $1,607,300 which is over a 1/10th of ur salary cap however, consider the economical use of 1 player from Freo,Cwood,GC, n Adelaide, so there is no clash as far as bye's are concern.. all established rucks that will play, and aside injuries there isnt much this ruck combo cant cover for..

my theory.. spend big on the ruck this yr.. as it will A) give you a decent ruck combo score still + save you trades for other area's which will be more vital later in the yr..

Adz23

I stand corrected sorry prices are:
DT: $1,261,400
SC: $1,607,300

nas

Quote from: madskill55 on January 23, 2011, 08:37:20 PM

Or you could do the combination of Sandy/Z.Smith/D.Hale/(75k ruckman R/F) = $770k... Hale is moved to the hawks and is listed as R/F so you can alternate between smith and hale as second ruck and if an injury striikes u can swap in the 75k R/F or even hale for petrie. This way ur saving 160k and the previous option ur saving 260k.

makes a lot of sense IF you do go this way. risk & a gamble but does give you Petrie as a swing

CuStArDaRm

After all the rucks going down last year and out of form plus suspensions Im 100% utilising Petrie to basically have 5 potential Rucks or maybe 6 if Tippett kicks 50 goals in the NAB! flower he was a spud last year ;)

browny_wce

Tippet wuld have to be a massive standout in the NAB for me to even consider him
will have to kick 6-7 goals a game and take 15+ marks with 20 odd kicks

I like the statergy ur going with madskill as its really something different! but i must add, with so much extra cash going around this year and with quality looking kids/cheapies u dont really need a hell of a lot of spare $$
although Smith is in the leadership team and pretty much guranteed ruck-time week in week out, u still gotta remember that he is still a kid and big young fellas take a long time to develop (hes not gonna be an immediate Cox)
i dont see Smith averaging more than 50 as he's not going to be getting many possesions round the ground.
the fact that he is garunteed a gig in the ruck each week will make him the perfect bench ruckman, will allow u to not do any trades throughout your rucks all year (barring injuries) if u have 2 qualities Sandi/Cox/Jolly/Ryder, Smith on the bench with a mpp in MacDonald to swap with Petrie
its a good combo and is why most coaches are going with it

spudsarmy

Petrie is done the guy gets injured get jamie charman if you want to save $$$

brodman_18

My rucks at the moments are Sandi, Jacobs (Smith, J tippet) With petrie in the Fwds. Thought about Tippet. The fact the he started playing well when his team did at the end of last year is encouraging, and I think if the crows win games, Tippet will fire. Defs watching NAB and will look at having tippet as 2nd ruck. That way if he gets injured can just swap with petrie. Gives me 3 blokes who can either play R or F and also 5 possible ruckmen to choose from (4 of whom are likely to play)

brodman_18

LOL spudsarmy.... talking about someone who gets injured? Charman is heaps durable?

CuStArDaRm

LOL Spudsarmy!!!
You really are a spud give up on fantasy footy!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: spudsarmy on January 24, 2011, 10:57:26 AM
Petrie is done the guy gets injured get jamie charman if you want to save $$$
:o