L Anthony Final Mids Stratergy

Started by Chopps, January 23, 2011, 11:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

Are people planning on having Anthony as a keeper or an to upgrade from him to someone else, for me it seems you would pick him as a keeper. i want to pick him but he isnt apart of my final 6 mids plans

boschie12

if he scoring 100 every week, why wouldnt u keep he? has a good coverage of byes too!!!u could upgrade him to ablett after the gc have had there second bye!!

CuStArDaRm

Only a spud would pick him thinking to upgrade him. Only if he dosnt perform like he should or gets injured should you trade him, just like every other potential prem.

dylsta05

Boomz

Not in my team atm... Just doesn't fit in my midfield.

Serenity

If you start with Anthony, your plan is he is a keeper. Hopefully come round 21, you can seat him on a beat and ride a final, keeping a trade in hand. Otherwise you hope, he can be a sideways shuffle to any player you want.

Sure Anthony will acquit himself well, he will score well, and he will more than repay you with your initial outlay, same as Stanton, but he is a penciled in trade.

Both will help greatly to get you there, the finals... But, you may need trades in hand to advance further. Risk for reward.

Holz

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on January 23, 2011, 12:57:44 PM
Only a spud would pick him thinking to upgrade him. Only if he dosnt perform like he should or gets injured should you trade him, just like every other potential prem.

not sure this is 100% correct last year i was very lucky with injuries and made good trades so i had alot of extra trades left in the season. thanks to players like malckeski and waters staying in my team all year. too get that extra edge i upgraded anthony to montanga and i ended up finshing just outside the top 500

Chopps

if i have the trades and there is something better i'll upgrade my worst player, may not be anthony though