Do you spend all of your money for round 1?

Started by hawk_88, January 22, 2011, 10:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junktimer

you cant make money if its in the bank.  spend it all i say!!

hawk_88

That doesn't quite fit.

There is a natural upper limit on the price of most players. You could spend all of your money and load your team with premiums which might score well, but won't make that much money. Or you could load your team with rookies who can actually make money but score less and cost less - leaving money in the bank.

Money in the bank means more potential earning in your side. If you pick players well that potential will be fulfilled and you would earn more than if you picked a premium.

Junktimer

imagine this, if you will.

Joe Bloggs- 87,500

160k in the kitty.

I could turn him into Andy Otten, a much better option rather than keep my cash and have a spud

dylsta05

Quote from: Junktimer on January 24, 2011, 01:38:11 AM

Joe Bloggs- 87,500

160k in the kitty.

I could turn him into Andy Otten, a much better option rather than keep my cash and have a spud
yeaah true if you can start with a better player then do!

nas

Joe Bloggs- 87,500

160k in the kitty.

What about last season (Example) then M Barlow >  $87,500 (I Think) & after 3 games & until injury $^^^^^^^$  vs your theory? Right cash cow vs say Otten?

roo boys!

nas

Quote from: roo boys! on January 24, 2011, 10:54:51 AM
But you can't expect another Barlow ::)

Correct in saying that ^^^but what about the rookies that are coming thro now / this season there could be a few good cash cows there also. It's a gamble & that's why some people do & some people don't. Me I have some coin up my sleeve so that if an upgrade does become available I then hopefully only use 1 trade not 2.

Alex7089

Joe Bloggs- 87,500

160k in the kitty.

Well that makes no sense at all. Why would you pick him when there are better options out there? Just stupid.
Look at this-
(example)
Playing rookie makes 100k and I have 200k in the bank. I so I can get a cheap prem with 1 trade. 1 trade. Trades are worth more than anything. Period.

hawk_88

A Barlow might be a bit much, but it isn't unreasonable to expect a well picked rookie to make 150-200K in 8 or so matches.

sluga

I think that it all come down to how much you think a trade is worth. What’s the amount of money that you like making from a cash cow before trading them? 150-200K? Instead of buying a mid priced player from the start you can get a premium that saves you a trade and also gets you more points over the year.

I like to spend it on getting the best side on the field and if that means spending it all or having 100K left it doesn’t matter. I think that by spending it all you will save trades in the end.

nas

Barlow was used as an example as there were others that went well in price also.

I can see the merit in spending all your cash & I also see the other side by having coin also.

Junktimer

the rookie doesnt have to be a spud either.  ok lets say the ben nason of last year.

then if you 180k left over you could have got malceski, rather than save money and fumble around with nason's 30s.

My point has merit, and picking away minor details won't stop it.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: naste on January 24, 2011, 09:36:04 AM

Joe Bloggs- 87,500

160k in the kitty.

What about last season (Example) then M Barlow >  $87,500 (I Think) & after 3 games & until injury $^^^^^^^$  vs your theory? Right cash cow vs say Otten?
yeah but its hard to pick the perfect cash cow.

Junktimer

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on January 24, 2011, 01:41:17 PM

Joe Bloggs- 87,500

160k in the kitty.

[/quote

and its not hard to pick a perfect rookie?

picking a cheapie over a rookie can give a coach a lot less worries than vice versa

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Junktimer on January 24, 2011, 01:43:14 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on January 24, 2011, 01:41:17 PM

Joe Bloggs- 87,500

160k in the kitty.

and its not hard to pick a perfect rookie?

picking a cheapie over a rookie can give a coach a lot less worries than vice versa
it is as well but a cheapie can go either way while a rookie is guaranteed to rise barring a complete fail in which case u deserve it for picking him.