Main Menu

Murali calls it a day

Started by Hawka, January 22, 2011, 01:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Murali one of the most controversial players of all time will retire after the WC from all international formats and focus on t20 domestic such as ipl

People are still unclear weather he is a cheat or not and we can never fully determine weather he was..he was a great spinner but i still reckon warne was beta murali took alot of his wickets on dust bowls in Sri Lanka and took around 200 wickets against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe were warne played 3 games against those 2 nations and took a little under 10 wickets ..yes murali also had a better average but murali against the number 1 nation for most of his career "Australia" he struggled a bit yet looking at teams who were number 1 in warney early days and the team that was "2nd" he performed much beta

warney didn't have dust bowls to work on alot of the time .His best ground in  Australia was Brisbane Non as a pacemens pitch.He also took 40 wickets against england in england ..thats insane ..

Many people have different op-ions but my is that warne was better
but how will murali be remembered
greatest spinner ever?
greatest sri lanka player ever?
Cheat?

pyronerd

wanre was a better spinner, he had that thing about him that you would always feel he could get any1 out, whereas murli can sometimes be carted (once concided 100 in a one-dayer against australia :P) i think he will be remembered as one of sri lankas greats though 

Alex7089

Greatest spinner: No.
Greatest Sri Lankan player: Maybe. Nearly, but no.
Cheat: Sometimes :P He wasn't a cheat but wasn't technically sound either, and considering a lot of his wickets came V below par teams...

Sad to see him leave the game, not sure that T20 is his best format either :p
Everyone has to go at one stage or another..

Hawka

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 22, 2011, 01:10:57 PM
Greatest spinner: No.
Greatest Sri Lankan player: Maybe. Nearly, but no.
Cheat: Sometimes :P He wasn't a cheat but wasn't technically sound either, and considering a lot of his wickets came V below par teams...

Sad to see him leave the game, not sure that T20 is his best format either :p
Everyone has to go at one stage or another..
who is the best sri lankan then
imo he is up there with Jayawardene,de Silva,jayasuriya
and the only bowler that is even remotly close to best bowler from there is vaas

Alex7089

He is the best Sri Lankan batsman.
IMO Kumar & Jayawerdene are better though, especially at shorter forms.

Hawka

oh woops forget bout kumar
but u gota include jayasuriya in that list alex tho

Alex7089

Yeah, they are all up there, I personally love the 2 I named though :p

roo boys!

Chucker, but good player. The fact that 8 year olds run in to bowl a "Murali" in backyard cricket says it all.

McRooster

Owned the term 'Doosra' similar to the way Warnie owned 'Flipper' and sad to see him finally chucking it in  :P

*My favourite memory is at Adelaide Oval in a one dayer when Ranatunga walked the team off the ground after Daryl Hair called Murali twice? for a straight arm no-ball, against England I think.
Sri Lanka needed a massive score to claim victory and it was Murali who hit the winning runs  8)
The best ever non Australian game I've watched I reckon.

Good luck Murali in what you do now and let's hope that Sri Lanka finds it as hard to find a replacement as the challenge Australia has had to replace Warne.

Hawka

um roost they already have 1  :'(  Ajantha Mendis
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/268739.html
rely good first class stats and not half bad test stats and he averges 19 in 44 odis so annoyingly they already have there... guy we dont

Cicjose

McRooster

Quote from: hawka26 on January 22, 2011, 04:29:49 PM
rely good first class stats and not half bad test stats and he averges 19 in 44 odis so annoyingly they already have there... guy we dont
Good call hawka   8) - but they don't have Beer  :P

Hawka

Quote from: McRooster on January 23, 2011, 09:50:48 PM
they mite have a wine in there ranks tho ;)

McRooster

Quote from: hawka26 on January 23, 2011, 10:09:45 PM
Quote from: McRooster on January 23, 2011, 09:50:48 PM
they mite have a wine in there ranks tho ;)
Didn't Ranatunga retire?  :P ;)

Barlow 21

Murali is a legend, Ranatunga is a cheat.