Main Menu

Geelong's "Young Guns"

Started by bunyip, January 21, 2011, 07:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

Quote from: MTTY on January 22, 2011, 11:00:01 AM
I have that feeling Billie Smedts will play from round 1
Billie has a hip injury and unfortunately won't play for the rest of the season MTTY. He was showing promise though. He'll get a game next season for sure.

bunyip

Might get a glimpse this week of what Geelongs team will look like in the next year or two. Could be up to six changes for Adelaide.

Justin Bieber

For some reason I seem to have fallen in love in the way in some of the young Cats play! Love watching Dunks and Hunt when he breaks free. Look to be great for your team rebuilding 8). Hunt has showed some poise and courage taking on the opposition with the ball and breaking through. Menzel was exciting to watch a few weeks back that got me onto him. He is pretty quite most of the time but is exciting in bursts.

Looking to avoid that 3-5 years rebuilding stage and could maintain a spot in the top 8 for years to come. Only if you guys were able to keep Laidler in as well, that backline could maintain some solidness for some time after Scarlett.

bunyip

I agree Helly, we've lost a few players over the last 2 or 3 years. That's the name of the game though, you can't hold kids back if they can't get a game with you. We'll lose a few more to,  hopefully not to many.

bunyip

A great effort by the Cats to get a third Rising Star nomination. Christensen certainly deserved it. I just love his style. With Hunt holding down his place in the team and one or two others doing well, we have a good crop of young players to help us in the finals.

cookie311993

I have been enjoying watching the young guns for the Cats. They have brought another side to the Cats