Supercoach Draft: Draft Picks

Started by Maca24, January 21, 2011, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

hey guys had an idea to start up a supercoach draft.
The idea is that we all get picks like the other drafts on FF.
We pick players for our 2011 supercoach team.
once we all have picked our teams we will count team scores in this thread after each round.
we can start a fixture and have a ladder, with finals at the end.
No players can be picked twice, making this a unique thing.
Since each squad would need 33 players and there probably aren't enough decent picks out there for 10 or so teams, my idea is to change the rules and make it different.
now my idea is to have 4 Backs, 4 Mids, 4 frwds and a Ruck, plus 1 player on the bench in each position. This makes 17 players per team. Or we could just have 33.
No salary cap. After round 11, before round 12 begins.
2 delistings allowed per team.  (no delisting at ANY other time)

2 pick ups allowed per team, done in a draft format in which the last team starts both rounds, it goes bottom to top, a team must pass in one of the rounds if they didnt delist two players though.

Unlimited amount of trades between team can be made at this time, including trading draft picks.  (NO other trades between team can happen at any other stage)

This all sounds complicated, and it might not work but its an idea and id like opinions on it.
Thanks  ;)

If we get lots of people interested (doubtful lol) we can have divisions with each division having there own draft.

List: Dylstaa, Pyro, Junky, Myself, Majorlazer, naste, BGT, Hawka26, Bomberboy, boomz, ossie, Sydneyrox, TOM, Antman,

dylsta05

Junktimer

sounds great, but if its gonna be a draft then why do we need a budget?

we could still have teams of 33 as well with 10 players.. just means we need to pick a few duds on our bench which I'm ok with.

pyronerd

ill join for sure, even though im in 2 other drafts atm  ::)

Maca24

i spose we dont need a budget... and yea that could work, would require everyone to pick unique.  :)

Maca24

Quote from: pyronerd on January 21, 2011, 06:13:58 PM
ill join for sure, even though im in 2 other drafts atm  ::)
Its more of a league than a draft  :)

nas

Great idea but have to make time frame (Per Picks) as can drag on per our current one that we have & is still ongoing.

i see that as one of the main problems as you would appreciate

pyronerd

Maca24

Quote from: naste on January 21, 2011, 06:16:41 PM
Great idea but have to make time frame (Per Picks) as can drag on per our current one that we have & is still ongoing.

i see that as one of the main problems as you would appreciate
yes i definitely agree JT. thanks for your feedback to.
Ive made a poll on the amount of players per team.
Yes i would make a date of Draft start time and we could make sure we ae all online, then get through it in an hour or 2.

Junktimer

exactly.  i have done fantasy footy drafts before.  its great, no cash cows or anything.

The one i did had only 18 players who scored, and 30 players per team, it had the same positiong as SC.

It's great fun and I wanna join.

Junktimer

I believe a good method is you have 24 hours to pick, if you do not pick, you are skipped, and others can pick, when you next log on, however, provided they are not picked, you can pick a player for your skipped pick if you know what i mean.

pyronerd

i voted for 17 because we may not get 33 picks done in the time before supercoach starts (or finishes based on how slow the other drafts have been  ::)) but i dont think we should have the cap

Maca24

yeh ive never seen one before but yea. :)
thanks maybe you could run this with me?
Do you have an opinion on trades? should we have any at all?
ok that sounds good. although hasnt worked well in AFL draft.

Junktimer

Quote from: pyronerd on January 21, 2011, 06:22:26 PM
i voted for 17 because we may not get 33 picks done in the time before supercoach starts (or finishes based on how slow the other drafts have been  ::)) but i dont think we should have the cap

no matter what number, I don't think a cap can be in place, its too much to ask to draft and keep a budget IMO.

In the league I did, between round 11 and 12 was like a mid season draft where people may delist and pick up 2 players.  This is also time when trades can be done, only from team to team though!

Could this work here?

Maca i would be glad to help if you needed it.

MajorLazer

I will do it if you need the numbers.