Cheap / Rookie Forwards for DT or SC

Started by Titan Tim, January 19, 2011, 07:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan Tim

I'm struggling to find cheap and rookie forwards that will play.    :-\      I'm thinking along the lines of Matera or Dixon from the GC, Issac Smith from Hawthorn or Jed Lamb from Syd. Anyone got some other suggestions that will play regular footy or at least start the season?

Cameron Richardson, Tendai mzungu, Darling....

McRooster

diddley

john butcher, kieran harper, bryce retzlaff, luke tapscott to name a few that havent already been said.
but i am probably going to go darling, mzungu, richardson, and isaac smith.

Justin Bieber

I rate Hooper with a few small forwards leaving the Doggies last season.

freezer

I'd be cautious with Lamb, from all accounts it sounds like he won't get a game this year as they are looking to develop him more in the reserves. They talk about the new Sydney recruits on thier website and rate each of thier chances of playing this year.

hawk_88

Quote from: freezer on January 20, 2011, 11:23:32 AM
I'd be cautious with Lamb, from all accounts it sounds like he won't get a game this year as they are looking to develop him more in the reserves. They talk about the new Sydney recruits on thier website and rate each of thier chances of playing this year.

Agree with you there. With the likes of Jetta, Dennis-Lane, McGlynn, Moore and Rohan to get through, Lamb would really have to have a massive pre-season to get many games.

McRooster

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 19, 2011, 10:12:07 PM
HP have you got any mail on Matthew Panos? I saw him play over here and really liked what he brought up forward with is speed and size.
Played state u18's and was All Australian - any chance this year with the departure of those forwards??

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on January 20, 2011, 08:11:41 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on January 19, 2011, 10:12:07 PM
HP have you got any mail on Matthew Panos? I saw him play over here and really liked what he brought up forward with is speed and size.
Played state u18's and was All Australian - any chance this year with the departure of those forwards??
Sadly don't hear much about AFL clubs from where I live (although Stingrays are a plenty ;)). Haven't heard much about Panos this off season so think he's been flying under the radar. Would like him and Howard to get a chance but don't think it's likely early unless injury is there.

McRooster

There's been some strong support being posted for Howard and that he could be a Hargrave replacement  ;)

LiveTheDream

Quote from: McRooster on January 23, 2011, 04:38:22 AM
There's been some strong support being posted for Howard and that he could be a Hargrave replacement  ;)

I've also heard this, the club really seem to like him

Justin Bieber

I like Howard and he's waiting in the shadows ;). He's a good defender for them who can play off half back.

I hope we can see more of him this year ::).

MTTY

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 25, 2011, 12:59:08 AM
I like Howard and he's waiting in the shadows ;). He's a good defender for them who can play off half back.

I hope we can see more of him this year ::).
Hope so too, hes in my plans

PowerMan

What's wrong with Hargrave?

MTTY

Quote from: PowerMan on January 28, 2011, 11:40:00 AM

What's wrong with Hargrave?
I read somewhere on here he is injured