Main Menu

Captain Gazz official

Started by Luigi197, January 19, 2011, 12:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoredSaint

great choice.. probably the reason he left Geelong

Justin Bieber

Quote from: hawka26 on January 19, 2011, 12:31:00 PM
they should of gaven it to rookies or ppl who didnt walk out of there club like harris
Harris got Delisted. He didn't get traded on anything but was picked up by Gold Coast. Can't say he walked out on his club when he was no longer needed!!

I think Fraser didn't get in due to them trying to have a mix of young and experienced.

Quote from: Luigi197 on January 19, 2011, 07:01:22 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on January 19, 2011, 06:38:37 PM
maybe strauchnie should get on as that captain position they gave him at collingwood.
Something about deputy emergency vic deputy vice vice vice captain?
Has anyone else seen that episode?
soz mate dont know what ur talkin bout!
Haven't you watched Before The Game before? It was a year or two back when it was a weekly segment.

Luigi197

Nah HP i usually watched something else untill the footy was on.. Before the Game was a last prioroty ;D

Boomz

QuoteHarris got Delisted. He didn't get traded on anything but was picked up by Gold Coast. Can't say he walked out on his club when he was no longer needed!!

Think he was saying they should have picked Harris coz he didn't walk out on his club...

dylsta05

intresting move, surely part of deal

Alex7089

IMO it had to be part of his contract. Probably a big part of the reason he left, along with the $$$.
He wants to be the king of the hill.

MTTY

Thought Ablett would get it but i sort of wanted Marc Lock to get VC

j959

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 20, 2011, 12:55:04 PM
IMO it had to be part of his contract. Probably a big part of the reason he left, along with the $$$.
Report I saw today but may be from yesterday (Real Footy - The Age, I think) said that the players voted on it and that managment and hierarchy had no input into it at all - indication no inducements in his contract re captaincy.

Boomz

Quote from: j959 on January 20, 2011, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: Alex7089 on January 20, 2011, 12:55:04 PM
Report I saw today but may be from yesterday (Real Footy - The Age, I think) said that the players voted on it and that managment and hierarchy had no input into it at all - indication no inducements in his contract re captaincy.

Yeah but if it was in his contract do u really think they would admit it?! Obviously they're going to say that whether it's true or not is another matter...

Cruiseon

If Ablett demanded to be coach during negotiations he would have got it, there was never any doubt about the Captaincy although Danny Stanley was a huge risk to the plan. (some may need to look that one up  ;))

Boomz

dylsta05

Hawka

Quote from: BOOMZ on January 20, 2011, 12:43:22 PM
QuoteHarris got Delisted. He didn't get traded on anything but was picked up by Gold Coast. Can't say he walked out on his club when he was no longer needed!!

Think he was saying they should have picked Harris coz he didn't walk out on his club...
yep that was i was sayin :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: hawka26 on January 20, 2011, 08:33:45 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on January 20, 2011, 12:43:22 PM

yep that was i was sayin :)
Misread then, apologies.

McRooster

If he was guaranteed the Captaincy at the Cats, would he have stayed?