Main Menu

Captain Gazz official

Started by Luigi197, January 19, 2011, 12:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Quote from: McRooster on January 23, 2011, 04:07:26 AM
If he was guaranteed the Captaincy at the Cats, would he have stayed?

I think the Captaincy at GC was the icing on a very big cake and it wouldn't have changed his mind.

McRooster

Quote from: BOOMZ on January 23, 2011, 05:10:55 AM

I think the Captaincy at GC was the icing on a very big cake and it wouldn't have changed his mind.
I don't blame him, he has been given much - but now much is expected in return.

*BOOMZ our friendly in FTP I won't be around for tomorrow - good luck in that and good night  ;)

Boomz

Quote from: McRooster on January 23, 2011, 05:22:04 AM
Quote from: BOOMZ on January 23, 2011, 05:10:55 AM

I don't blame him, he has been given much - but now much is expected in return.

*BOOMZ our friendly in FTP I won't be around for tomorrow - good luck in that and good night  ;)

Good luck too ;)

ossie85

I think that if he was offered Cats Captaincy, and he knew that Thompson was leaving, things may well have been different

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on January 23, 2011, 07:25:27 AM

I think that if he was offered Cats Captaincy, and he knew that Thompson was leaving, things may well have been different
+1 100% Agree. I think his little disagreement with Bomber last season leaned him heavily towards the move to GC

Alex7089

Really? I think 86,000 a game had him leaning heavily towards GC. That and the chance to captain a club.

I mean, they wouldn't have taken the captaincy off Ling he has done a fine job. I think most of us knew he would go when all that money was laid on the table, that and his brother.

Fletch74

You're possibly right Alex, was just saying that the fued with Bomber didn't help...

Alex7089

Probably not. :p

I suppose they were probably both contributing factors.

nas

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 23, 2011, 03:00:22 PM
Really? I think 86,000 a game had him leaning heavily towards GC. That and the chance to captain a club.

I mean, they wouldn't have taken the captaincy off Ling he has done a fine job. I think most of us knew he would go when all that money was laid on the table, that and his brother.

he also gets on well with Hinkley > ex cats assistant coach who is there as well.

Damoz Merry Men

Gazz will either be a crap player and good captain or vice-versa. But no Selwood and Bartel by his side is gonna be hard for him.

kalani

roo boys!

Quote from: kalani on February 19, 2011, 01:18:00 PM
i wanted swallow haha
Maybe some time in the future ;)  His brother has got what it takes ;)

kalani

yeh hope so haha both brothers walkin out to the MCG on GF day.... brings a tear to my eye

roo boys!

I would love to see that, but I don't think a North vs GC GF is that likely at least this season and next :P

Boomz

I reckon Swallow will join his bro at the roos in a few years ;)