Main Menu

Coaches Profile - Neil Craig

Started by McRooster, January 17, 2011, 10:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Personal Information
Birth 11 January 1956 (1956-01-11) (age 55)

Playing Career-SANFL
Team(s) - Norwood 1973-79 (126 games)
                Sturt 1980-86 (134 games)
                North Adelaide 1987-90 (61 games)
   Totals - 319 games, 220 goals

Coaching Career-AFL
Team(s) - Adelaide (2004 - )
   Totals - 133 games, 79 wins, 54 losses, o draws

*as at Rnd 5 2010

Career Highlights
South Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee
Norwood Football Club premiership player 1975/78

Reports of his favourite sayings around the club are "Have you ever seen a Rabbit stretch" and "A fat blowfly is a slow blowfly"

Forever seen as the unapproachable teacher type tactician with no acceptance of error or other ways has tonight on radio shown another side to his personality. He openly admits that in his third season he was too focussed on the job and was aproached by the playing group to "chill out" a little and believes that has rounded the club as a whole unit.
2010 had the expectation of a top four finish and "we were well short of that" - well done Captain obvious  ::)
2011 has the "refocussed position of playing finals and the playing group leaves no doubt about that focus of expectation coming into the new era"

Go Craigy, bring it - but don't forget a Plan B  ;)

ossie85

You get the feeling that Craigy sometimes lacks a plan B. However, I reckon he is one of the best coaches in the league.

McRooster

I didn't look at this until now - sorry about the size of the photo guys  :-[

But in a way it does serve a purpose of showing Craig's big head  :D

I love him (former Rooster), calls it as it is and he takes no shower. Takes ownership of the failures and praises others in the triumphs - Premium guy  :-*

CrowsFan

Great coach. Has been criticised for working the players too hard in training, but the fitness that the Crows players have is one of their great assets to be able to run out games and fight for a victory. Last pre season was just unlucky with all the injuries.
Wish him all the best for the coming season. Go the crows :)

Knowall

Turned the club around when he took over so ill be grateful of that.
Has a great winning percentage but poor finals record.  But he does seem to get alot out of players especially the ones who were picked low in the draft like Porplyzia, Knights hes transformed their games.
But he trys hard and he gets his players to try hard which i like and we tend to be (baring first few rounds of last year) always competitive.
It would like to see Craig around for another few years but if we dont make finals i wouldnt be surprised if Bickley was the new AFC's coach.

McRooster

Quote from: Knowall on January 18, 2011, 12:28:30 AM
Turned the club around when he took over so ill be grateful of that.
Has a great winning percentage but poor finals record.  But he does seem to get alot out of players especially the ones who were picked low in the draft like Porplyzia, Knights hes transformed their games.
But he trys hard and he gets his players to try hard which i like and we tend to be (baring first few rounds of last year) always competitive.
It would like to see Craig around for another few years but if we dont make finals i wouldnt be surprised if Bickley was the new AFC's coach.
More like the first six rounds of last year  >:( and agreed Bickley would make an excellent coach moving forward should Craig pull the pin after 2012.

nas

Bicks could be the next or would they go outside again

Junktimer

Neil Craig once went to a newsagents, and bought an Adelaide Now, he payed with a 10 dollar note even though the paper only costed $1.50.  When the lady offered him his money, he ran out the door, screaming with fear.

Some may say he's afraid of CHANGE.

Terrible joke I know, but I think he may be exposed with none of his golden oldies around anymore.

Has done a good job though.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Junktimer on January 19, 2011, 02:10:25 PM
Neil Craig once went to a newsagents, and bought an Adelaide Now, he payed with a 10 dollar note even though the paper only costed $1.50.  When the lady offered him his money, he ran out the door, screaming with fear.

Terrible joke I know, but I think he may or may not be exposed with none of his golden oldies around anymore.

Good to see you are taking a side there :P

Junktimer

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 19, 2011, 02:22:23 PM

Terrible joke I know, but I think he may be exposed with none of his golden oldies around anymore.

Good to see you are taking a side there :P

Cruiseon

McRooster, in your profile is omits to mention how Neil Craig also kindly offers most years a clear run for the Pies in the finals!

Sorry I had to....

McRooster

That was my joke  vvvvv ;)
Quote from: McRooster on May 30, 2010, 10:24:53 AM
Neil Craig went to the shops to buy the paper. He gave the attendant a TEN dollar note and went to walk away. The attendant said "here's your 9 dollars back" and Neil ran out of there screaming!!!!

His colleague said "I'd heard he was afraid of CHANGE!!!!"
Quote from: Cruiseon on January 19, 2011, 06:30:18 PM

McRooster, in your profile is omits to mention how Neil Craig also kindly offers most years a clear run for the Pies in the finals!

Sorry I had to....
All's good cruise, solid point - which is what the Pies will lose by when they face the Crows next time  :D

Junktimer

Quote from: McRooster on January 19, 2011, 06:39:09 PM

Neil Craig went to the shops to buy the paper. He gave the attendant a TEN dollar note and went to walk away. The attendant said "here's your 9 dollars back" and Neil ran out of there screaming!!!!

Sorry I had to....
All's good cruise, solid point - which is what the Pies will lose by when they face the Crows next time  :D

sorry roost, i knew i heard it before somewhere, didn't know it was you though!

McRooster

Not a reprimand JT, not at all - no apology required, all's good  ;D

I do believe I amongst others will be using some of your fine research work you've done this pre season moving forward into 2011  8)

Maybe you could send some ideas Craigy's way and help the Crows out  ;)

MTTY

Quote from: Junktimer on January 19, 2011, 09:04:17 PM
Quote from: McRooster on January 19, 2011, 06:39:09 PM

Sorry I had to....

sorry roost, i knew i heard it before somewhere, didn't know it was you though!
Quality joke Roost