MPP extremely important this year ?

Started by juzzyj, January 17, 2011, 08:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juzzyj

I have jiggled my team around a bit to have as many premium mpp in each line on the ground due to the buys this year etc what are your thoughts on this ??

PowerMan

yep, I'm doing the same to try and save on some trades this year.

McRooster

MPP important this year? - Does Jack Newton swim in circles?  ;)

juzzyj

juzzyj

So really we are needing the chappy dids gibbs delidio etc?

Holz

i dont really like the idea. Pick the best team you possibly can i have a good bench. If your team is balanced you shouldn't have more than 2 players out per line and with 3 bench players 2 should at least be playing.

ronl

I really admire your self-confidence, Holz, but by not including an MPP strategy in your team-building, it's like cutting off a life-line that is open to you in emergency situations ie unexpected injuries  and the like.  There are some pretty handy players on each line who have MPP status, surely it can only be to a coach's benefit to seriously consider them.

Chopps

i agree with holzman, you shouldn't sacrifice a good starting team just to get MPP, you will have MPP by picking who you need, get the rookies you want introduce MPP into your team later in the year if need be.

to start with 3 bench players should be able to cover as long as you haven't gone silly on players with 3 bye rounds ie. getting chappy, franklin & pav before rd 6

nas

Quote from: ronl on January 18, 2011, 09:27:30 AM
I really admire your self-confidence, Holz, but by not including an MPP strategy in your team-building, it's like cutting off a life-line that is open to you in emergency situations ie unexpected injuries  and the like.  There are some pretty handy players on each line who have MPP status, surely it can only be to a coach's benefit to seriously consider them.

+1 especially later when the ol General raises his head (Soreness), which is a common in the later part of the season.

Chopps

Quote from: naste on January 18, 2011, 09:36:08 AM

+1 especially later when the ol General raises his head (Soreness), which is a common in the later part of the season.

by then you can have mpp in place, but to start with pick the better player not the one with Mpp (if he has mpp and you wanted him anyway then bonus) later in the season bring in a mpp player here or there to link up the positions

nas

Quote from: Chopps on January 18, 2011, 09:59:52 AM
Quote from: naste on January 18, 2011, 09:36:08 AM

by then you can have mpp in place, but to start with pick the better player not the one with Mpp (if he has mpp and you wanted him anyway then bonus) later in the season bring in a mpp player here or there to link up the positions

I agree with both sides of this, but if you have say God, Dlid, Gibbs all as MPP, then that is a bonus then & than there is no trade used to get them assuming you didn't at the start

juzzyj

Im just thinking its a huge advantage to have the option , i mean gibbs goddard delidio dids chappy pav petrie pettard clarke these players are all good gets and have mpp , i won't be sacrificing my team to have mpp for average players but if they are there , what a bonus it will be down the track !

Fletch74

Quote from: juzzyj on January 18, 2011, 11:03:42 AM
Im just thinking its a huge advantage to have the option , i mean gibbs goddard delidio dids chappy pav petrie pettard clarke these players are all good gets and have mpp , i won't be sacrificing my team to have mpp for average players but if they are there , what a bonus it will be down the track !
Saving trades is the key, and MPP will allow you to do that. I think a lot of teams will be going down this avenue... ;)

juzzyj

Quote from: Fletch74 on January 18, 2011, 11:09:45 AM
Quote from: juzzyj on January 18, 2011, 11:03:42 AM
Saving trades is the key, and MPP will allow you to do that. I think a lot of teams will be going down this avenue... ;)
+1