Updated versatile team

Started by Usman, January 17, 2011, 04:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usman

This is my team updated. Im looking for lots of mpp cover is it an imporovement on my old team?

OLD TEAM

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Lake, B. Deledio, S. Hurn, A. Otten, D. Heppell, P. Faulks (S. Iles, C. Richardson, J. Toy)
MID: P. Chapman, L. Montagna, B. Gibbs, C. Sylvia, N. Foley, D. Swallow (A. Gaff, R. Conca, M. Wallis)
RUC: A. Sandilands, P. Ryder (T. McDonald, M. Daw)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, A. Goodes, M. Morton, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)
CASH LEFT: $2,400

NEW TEAM

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, S. Gilbert, J. Grimes, A. Otten, J. Lisle (P. Faulks, M. Coad, J. Toy)
MID: P. Chapman, L. Montagna, S. Burgoyne, N. Foley, D. Swallow, D. Heppell (D. Prestia, S. Blease, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (T. Derickx, T. McDonald)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, C. Rioli, A. Goodes, M. Morton, C. Knights, S. Day (J. Darling, C. Richardson, D. Talia)
CASH LEFT: $900

ossie85

oooh... I like this. Only 4 starting rookies, and no obvious weaknesses (cept maybe Petrie as 2nd ruck).

Luigi197

Quote from: Usman on January 17, 2011, 04:27:46 PM

This is my team updated. Im looking for lots of mpp cover is it an imporovement on my old team?

NEW TEAM

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, S. Gilbert, J. Grimes, A. Otten, J. Lisle (P. Faulks, M. Coad, J. Toy)
MID: P. Chapman, L. Montagna, S. Burgoyne, N. Foley, D. Swallow, D. Heppell (D. Prestia, S. Blease, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (T. Derickx, T. McDonald)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, C. Rioli, A. Goodes, M. Morton, C. Knights, S. Day (J. Darling, C. Richardson, D. Talia)
CASH LEFT: $900

Yes it is an improvement....

Like the backs though a bit risky with 2 GC defenders on the bench.. i like your idea with the Chapman MPP idea in the mids though i honestly think he's too old and will struggle without ablett plus he's ongoing injury... would look to get mayb Selwod or Swan in there instead of Burgs.. look for a cheaper benchman in the mids instead of Prestia... Strong fwd like though Goodes and Morton not worth it with inconsistency at that price: Get someone better instead of Goods then mayb downgrade Morton to a Prestia of some sort then also ditch Day for someone cheaper... (i forgot.. is Krakeour a MPP fwd now?)... Talia is risky coz he's MPP is very handy though he will lack game time and isnt that great.. Try get more money in bank

Luigi :)

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on January 17, 2011, 04:36:36 PM

oooh... I like this. Only 4 starting rookies, and no obvious weaknesses (cept maybe Petrie as 2nd ruck).
+1 - on Petrie, he's gotta take a risk ossie!  ;)

I think Chappy will be fine, but better in your fwd line (swap him in for Morton - he hasn't done anything for years, not sure why this year would be any different but you never know, reckon there are better options - that might muck up your structure a bit but maybe more tinkering??

Goodes is good, but you have to find the cash from somewhere and a few questions over how Longmire will play him, whether thru the midfield or not and general Swans gameplan issues.

swap Day to Prestia like luigi suggests. if all those changes are costing you money, downgrade Goodes (after upgrading Morton to Chappy!).
  ;)

Burgoyne has to fight with Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell etc, etc for pts in the mid - must be better options elsewhere??

Usman

QuoteBurgoyne has to fight with Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell etc, etc for pts in the mid - must be better options elsewhere??
dont have an issue with Burgoyne having to fight for points cause when teams win there are plenty of points to be had. like Geelong with there stocked midfield. every SC games adds up to 3300 so say if a team wins they are most likely going to get 55-60% of the points depending on the dominance of the performance. That means on avg there is 90 points per player in the winning team. and with rookies and low scoring kpp players and defensive players that leaves lots of points to be picked up for the gun midfeilders that you mentioned without them 'stealing' each others points

Burgoyne is all class and personally think he is the best midfeilder they have. Last year he played injured the first half of the season. Watch him explode this year.

BoredSaint

i like the team.. but not sure about lisle.. have you got inside info on him??

Usman

no info at all my back rookies are based on what everyone else has and i couldnt fit another GC rookie in as already have 2 any sugesstions?

tferrier18

Problems with your team...

- 4 stk players
- m. morton
- prestia might be too expensive to be on your bench
- will your ruck bench players get regular games? Put Z.Smith in there from GC
- You're lacking a gun midfielder like swan, ablett or hodge

Usman

QuoteProblems with your team...

- 4 stk players
- m. morton
- prestia might be too expensive to be on your bench
- will your ruck bench players get regular games? Put Z.Smith in there from GC
- You're lacking a gun midfielder like swan, ablett or hodge
St Kilda will win most games= more points= the more players you should have from that team

M.Morton is a major risk but one im willing to take with a redevelopment of his own game and a switch to an attacking goalkicking midfielder/wingman.

Prestia provides good bench cover for both mids and fwds

Day can cover for petrie

I rate Montagna a better premium than Hodge and Chapman has mpp status

tferrier18

Quote from: Usman on January 17, 2011, 08:08:31 PM

St Kilda will most games= more points= the more players you should have from that team

M.Morton is a major risk but one im willing to take with a redevelopment of his own game and a switch to an attacking goalkicking midfielder/wingman.

Prestia provides good bench cover for both mids and fwds

Day can cover for petrie

I rate Montagna a better premium than Hodge and Chapman has mpp status
What happens when stk. have the bye? If you're going for the overall win you'll have 8 players out over two rounds, if you're going for league win you'll have 4 players out in one round...you'll be hurt bad by this. You might have cover, but your overall score will still be heavily impacted. 2 players from any team should be the max.

Morton is definitely not a risk worth taking. So many other players around that price are better options. He's only ever come close to playing a full season (21 games) and he averaged 82 then...how much upside do you think he has? Try Higgins, Jetta, Brennan or Edwards at that price.

Prestia might provide good bench cover, but there's a good chance that he'll score just as well as heppell (and probably better than day)...so it's definitely a waste having him on your bench.

What happens if both of your rucks are out? Happened to a lot of people, myself included, last year. You'll cop a 0 then, it's best to avoid this from r1 instead of having to waste a trade mid-season.

Do you rate Montagna better than Swan or Ablett? Because it's almost guaranteed that everyone will have a combination of godd & swan or godd & ablett. You'll be missing out. You've already got mpp with prestia on your mids bench so why not upgrade chapman?

Usman

What happens when stk. have the bye? If you're going for the overall win you'll have 8 players out over two rounds, if you're going for league win you'll have 4 players out in one round...you'll be hurt bad by this. You might have cover, but your overall score will still be heavily impacted. 2 players from any team should be the max.

Morton is definitely not a risk worth taking. So many other players around that price are better options. He's only ever come close to playing a full season (21 games) and he averaged 82 then...how much upside do you think he has? Try Higgins, Jetta, Brennan or Edwards at that price.

Prestia might provide good bench cover, but there's a good chance that he'll score just as well as heppell (and probably better than day)...so it's definitely a waste having him on your bench.

What happens if both of your rucks are out? Happened to a lot of people, myself included, last year. You'll cop a 0 then, it's best to avoid this from r1 instead of having to waste a trade mid-season.

Do you rate Montagna better than Swan or Ablett? Because it's almost guaranteed that everyone will have a combination of godd & swan or godd & ablett. You'll be missing out. You've already got mpp with prestia on your mids bench so why not upgrade chapman?

The whole point of this versatile team allows me get the players from the teams i want (StK) while being able to cover them when they have a bye. Every team will be affected by byes every week basically and i think the best way to combat this is through mpp this year as it allows you more cover the point of prestia in the mids is so i can utilise all 3 of goodes, morton and didak  in the mids in the same week if needed. it could potentially save alot of trades and headaches

Morton avg when he came back as a mid was over 110 if i remember correctly so im just willing to take the risk but i can see why you wouldnt

tferrier18

Mmm don't think so...FF stats say the highest he's ever averaged was 82 and in that season he scored over 100 5 times.

You may want stk players but you'll lose a lot of points in their bye weeks since you have 4 players. Do you think they'll do better than collingwood? Pies are almost certain to win more games than saints so why not have an even amount of players from both teams? This way you won't be hurt as badly during the bye rounds.

Usman

Swan is too expensive when i already have god and all the rest of the stk players are better than collingwood ,collingwood dont have a better forward than roo and backmen better than goddard and gilbert fantasy wise in.

tferrier18

Don't say I didn't warn you then

MTTY

. Good backs, like Grimes as a risk that could come off, Lisle could be a good unique if he gets games.

. Bit of a unique midfield could pay off, but for me Prestia is too much cash to have on the bench.

. Good rucks could be unique not to have Smith on the bench

. And  good solid forwards

overall 8.5/10 ;)