Could Be Better.
3 (42.9%)
Needs Work.
0 (0%)
Hardly Worth The Effort Making.
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Justin Bieber

Hello all. This is the first part of Hello-Goodbye (Check DT boards for Goodbye) ;D.

DEF: B. Deledio, C. Enright, L. Gilbee, C. Newman, S. Hurn, A. Otten, D. Heppell (B. Jacobs, P. Faulks, J. Toy)

MID: M. Murphy, S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, M. Boyd, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (M. Hibberd, T. Mzungu, L. Parker)

RUC: P. Ryder, D. Petrie (S. Lycett, Z. Smith)

FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, M. Pavlich, A. Goodes, D. Prestia, J. Butcher (J. Darling, C. Dixon, A. Hooper)

CASH LEFT: $22,300

No Super Premiums as I don't really care for paying over 600k for a single player. I'd prefer to upgrade to them (like I did last year and got bargains in Goddard, Ablett and Montagna saving over 300k roughly).
For 3 Midfield Spots, was throwing up Murphy, Pendles, Watson, Swallow and Corey. Prefer the first 4 but want Boyd in the team so can only get 3.
Forwards are indeed risky. But tried to balance risk with the big GUNS to keep a steady ship there.
No Sandilands as I think he'll fall. And I really like Ryder and see improvement in his game so don't mind that he misses a final.

MajorLazer

I like the team. Similar to what I'm doing, except I will have Goddard. Probably not Swan though.

What's the theme for this team? :P

I'm voting the hardly worth it again, but the team looks really good. ;D

Justin Bieber

Haha, Thanks ML. No theme with SC one as I couldn't find any :-\.

Could easily revert back to an up and comers theme for this one with the midfield already there (switch Boyd with Swallow) and change a few premiums.

MTTY

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 17, 2011, 12:08:25 AM
Hello all. This is the second part of Hello-Goodbye (Check DT boards for Goodbye) ;D.

DEF: B. Deledio, C. Enright, L. Gilbee, C. Newman, S. Hurn, A. Otten, D. Heppell (B. Jacobs, P. Faulks, J. Toy)

MID: M. Murphy, S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, M. Boyd, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (M. Hibberd, T. Mzungu, L. Parker)

FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, M. Pavlich, A. Goodes, D. Prestia, J. Butcher (J. Darling, C. Dixon, A. Hooper)

No Super Premiums as I don't really care for paying over 600k for a single player. I'd prefer to upgrade to them (like I did last year and got bargains in Goddard, Ablett and Montagna saving over 300k roughly).
For 3 Midfield Spots, was throwing up Murphy, Pendles, Watson, Swallow and Corey. Prefer the first 4 but want Boyd in the team so can only get 3.
Forwards are indeed risky. But tried to balance risk with the big GUNS to keep a steady ship there.
No Sandilands as I think he'll fall. And I really like Ryder and see improvement in his game so don't mind that he misses a final.

. Backs are unique which can be good.
. Pretty young midfield Griffen could be thrown in around that age bracket as well, i reckon all those 3 will take their game to a new level next year.

. Rucks are pretty good not having Sandi could hurt but with the byes its good not too have too many Freo players.

. Amd forwards are very good although could be a risk starting 2 rookies.

overall 9/10 ;)

Luigi197

meh... never could and prob never will realise or recognise or discover HP's unique theories and approaches... i wont bother ;D

Boomz

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 17, 2011, 12:08:25 AM
Hello all. This is the first part of Hello-Goodbye (Check DT boards for Goodbye) ;D.

I know you said u don't mind having Ryder even though he will miss the final but having Murphy, Chappy & Enright u won't make the final  :-\
and even if you did then you would have Ryder & Watson out... Most likely by then your not gonna have 4-5 spare trades for sideways trading. Thats just my opinion but if you don't care about that then it looks to be a pretty unique team :P so basically not my cup of tea but could go alright  ;)

Justin Bieber

Haha Luigi. Adds a new element to the game for me!!! ;D.

Thanks MTTY. Not sold on the 2 forward rookies either but I think all 4 of the 96k rookies are solid and should do well in their teams. Although 3 are KPP so it's going to be a rollercoaster year with them :P. Gilbee and Newman are the forgotten SC GUNS 8).

Many are looking too forward into the future. Chill out mannnnnnnn (Sorry if I sound wacked out ;)). Although many see the byes and will be scared away from these type of players. But if they step up their game for the other 22 rounds, who says they wouldn't be worth it? ;). Only way to get to the finals is to score during the season ;).

I got grape juice in my eye so sorry about all the winks ;).

P.S Catch the reference anybody? ;).

Boomz

haha I get your thinking but once ur there if u dont have the players ur not gonna win against teams that do... What else is there to do thinking about now is boring :P

ps. No you lost me haha

Justin Bieber

Well it's something to do with nothing *If you get that reference ;).

I rarely make the League finals and didn't last year (although lost to Sheedy by 1 point in both leagues the previous season ::)). And in tough leagues this year so have to get the leg up during the season hopefully ;).

Knowall

I like this team.
Def is nice! Dont like gilbee though.
Mids are great no issues what so ever.  Three iof ur prems could inmprove from last year.
Rucks good potentiall shaky tho.
Fwds nice as well no issues

If u wait at the righ times of the season u should be able to pick up players like goddard  if u watch breakevens closely so that may not be an issue.

I wouldnt count urself out of the final u have a nice team
8/10 and +1 for different thinking and not following the pack so a 9

Justin Bieber

Thanks Knowall. I like Gilbee and seems safer than Drummond. If left untagged, think he can get back to his damaging best when he averaged 100+ SC points.

Rucks are a weak point but hopefully the rest of the team carries them (if need be).

Knowall

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 17, 2011, 12:43:45 AM
Thanks Knowall. I like Gilbee and seems safer than Drummond. If left untagged, think he can get back to his damaging best when he averaged 100+ SC points.

Rucks are a weak point but hopefully the rest of the team carries them (if need be).
As i wrote in Luigi's team i think theres better options.

But i cant fault many of ur other selections could be a very nice team if u trade wisely and have the big guns by finals time

Justin Bieber

But everybody will be expecting to come up against the Gibbs of the Backline ;). A little element of suprise I guess :P.

I need any slight possible edge I can get over the All-Stars!!

Boomz

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 17, 2011, 12:58:20 AM
But everybody will be expecting to come up against the Gibbs of the Backline ;). A little element of suprise I guess :P.

I need any slight possible edge I can get over the All-Stars!!

Who says the All-Stars will all have Gibbs? :P We may be leading you on a false trail :P

Justin Bieber

I need Cruis to back me up about Gibbs!! ;D.

Maybe I want you to think I don't want Gibbs ;).