Hows this look?

Started by Quikk, January 15, 2011, 08:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quikk

Hows my first go at a team looking?

Backs: Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Jed Adcock, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs (Michael Hibberd, Sam Iles, Josh Toy)

Mids: Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Leigh Montagna, Kieren Jack, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff (Sam Blease, Dyson Heppell, Tendai Mzungu)

Rucks: Dean Cox, Josh Fraser (Zac Smith, Tom McDonald)

Forwards: Paul Chapman, Colin Sylvia, Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, Chris Knights, Ricky Petterd, Drew Petrie (Andrew Krakouer, Cameron Richardson, Luke Tapscott)

mcwarne

Looks good. The defence is all but identical to mine (except the bench where I have gone for Christian Howard and Dan Talia). My only concern is with Josh Fraser. I am avoiding him only over age/injury concerns. But there is not alot of cheaper decent options I have noticed. I have gone for Kurt Tippett in the end for that spot only because he is MPP and he has played 44 games the last 2 years, which is important.

Quikk

Ha yes yes i can understand that, and honestly i wasnt to keen on Fraser but it the end money is tight with around 4k left! Maybe I could trade in for a little cash somewhere?

mcwarne

I found that the hardest spot to fill. I had to stop myself from just plonking Petrie there but I went with the smart way and put him in the fwds to be used to "cover" in the ruck with the MPP. I considered Jamar and Seaby as well but I remember a mate who had Seaby still frothing at the mouth over last year so it is a curly one. I think with Tippett for me its the devil you know.

j959

Quote from: mcwarne on January 15, 2011, 09:02:28 PM
I found that the hardest spot to fill. I had to stop myself from just plonking Petrie there but I went with the smart way and put him in the fwds to be used to "cover" in the ruck with the MPP. I considered Jamar and Seaby as well but I remember a mate who had Seaby still frothing at the mouth over last year so it is a curly one. I think with Tippett for me its the devil you know.
solid team - i particularly like the strong midfield and doesn't look like you've had to sacrifice other areas much to achieve that - except for rucks where you're taking a big gamble, but no prob with that - gotta have some risk somewhere.

saw somewhere that Iles may be a mid only now according to AFL prospectus??

I think you might want to move Petrie into your ruck division - in your fwds you will have Knights, Petterd and Petrie all returning from LTIs otherwise - all good picks but maybe 2 out of the 3 in any one line??

just stuff to consider ...