Main Menu

Bargain Ruck 2011

Started by nick1408, January 15, 2011, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick1408

2152 this week and lost my grand final by 43 points.  My mistake was to replace Martin with Stanley on the field.  The biggest thing that cost me though was the 'dogs using Higgins as the sub.  That really cost me dearly.  Finished 2013 for the season.  A bit of a dropoff from mid-season but a good season I feel.

Justin Bieber

2k is pretty good if you ask me (the guy who fell 3k places this week :-X). Another fine year for the Theory though proving it of good use.

Spite

I have been a fan of this theory for the last couple of season but next season, I just don't see it as a viable strategy.
There will be, Cox, sandi, leunberger, mumford, petrie, mcevoy, goldstein and possibly jacobs all pumping out 100's week in week out. You will fall too far behind the 8 ball if you don't start with at least one of these early on I would think. Maybe Giles and MacIntosh as starting rucks, but that risk just doesn't seem worth it next year.

Cicjose

nah we need gun rucks to start with next year and sandilands is out of contention IMO

PowerBug

The rucks is the one position i plan to complete as early as possible. Start with two premium ruckmen, fill in the two bench spots with either 2 rookies or a DPP. That's what i did this year and that's what i'll be doing every time. Don't waste time and trades on your rucks, get them sorted as early as possible.

bundyboy

totally agree...was the one position this year that caused no pain at all, and will be doing the same next year if at all possible.

2 premo's 2 rookies, one of which needs to play (GWS thank you) and 4th as mpp hopefully. 

certainly don't want to be wasting any trades in this area ..

Ziplock

I wont be doing 2 premos I think in the ruck line. I had sandi cox this year, and sandis injury was a pain in the ass. I'd prefer a rook or mid pricer, who, if they et injured I'll have no qualms about trading.

Chopps

you have to deal with LTI's everywhere Sandi's was a pain in the arse if you tried to ride out the initial 4 weeks

Ziplock

^ I carried sandi for the whole year :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on October 27, 2011, 10:52:25 PM
^ I carried sandi for the whole year :P
Wow. I lost him after like round 15ish. Got Lobbe, then went to Mummy. :)

Ziplock

I didn't care, so long as he was back for dt finals :P

I was going to trade him to mcevoy, but by the time I heard of the extent of his injury (i.e longer than 4 weeks) I was 2000 short of mcevoy :(