Main Menu

Bargain Ruck 2011

Started by nick1408, January 15, 2011, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick1408

Remember next year will have McIntosh - plus he will be at a new club possibly.  I would still leave Mark Blake alone though.

How many games has Sandi played?  Will he qualify for a discount?

PowerBug

Quote from: nick1408 on July 11, 2011, 08:22:07 AM
Remember next year will have McIntosh - plus he will be at a new club possibly.  I would still leave Mark Blake alone though.

We won't need much of a cheap back-up ruckman as there are no bye.
No wait, they'll become less important than this year.

I don't think Sandi will get a discount.

Spite

If sandi doesn't play any more games this season he will get a discount assuming it is the same rules as last year. However with extended rounds (I know there are the same number of games played), they may make the discount for 10-11 or less games rather than 9 or less like this year. I think 2 years ago it was 12 or less games gave a 20% discount.

PowerBug

How many has Sandi played so far? Isn't he predicted to play 3 more as well. it would be nice to see a discount, but it's also unlikely.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nick1408 on July 11, 2011, 08:22:07 AM

HMac looks good and maybe even Bellchambers if he can crack the squad (as he's certainly good enough to). Lets hope the GWS Ruck situation is similar to the Zac Smith one :P. That would make our lives much easier.

*Peace Out Pplz.

Spite

Quote from: PowerBug on July 11, 2011, 03:23:37 PM
How many has Sandi played so far? Isn't he predicted to play 3 more as well. it would be nice to see a discount, but it's also unlikely.

He has played 9. It is unlikely but possible.

nick1408

Jonathan Giles will be the Zac Smith for GWS.  I don't think he will be as prolific though as I don't think he has the same ability to go forward.

I think the key will be McIntosh and whichever ruck Geelong trades away.  I have a feeling that Nathan Vardy will be finding a new home somewhere so will be worth a good look next season.

elephants

Thinking of a
Hmac & Giles combo.
Would set me back only 350k probably.
Really want cox and krooz though.

nick1408

2221 this week.  Wasn't expecting much over 2000 without my Hawthorn players and Heath Shaw being stupid. 

This is the week I need to get Cox.  He has bottomed out but I need to downgrade someone to get him.  Along with Shaw this will be all my trades done then.

Shaw is an interesting one as no-one at his price scores like he does.  I am thinking of possibly holding him a little longer and pick someone on form later on.  Brady Rawlings is on my radar right now but I am hoping whoever I downgrade (most probably Puopolo) gives me enough to trade for a top-liner.  The other option is to downgrade shaw and upgrade one of the other backs later on when they top out but I feel Puopolo is close now.

Damn Shaw!!!

Spite

Watch Ellis, may have hit some good form. Shaw to Ellis will net you an easy 50k. Good job though, hopefully you hold your spot :)

nick1408

I should.  The previous three weeks have all been over 2200 so would be suprised if I lost ground.

*Edit*  Consider me suprised.  I lost 25 spots.

Justin Bieber

I feel your pain with Shaw. Can't get anybody I like in DT unless I downgrade but lack of trades. Thinking of holding onto him as well as his replacement (Lower ;D) could serve me well. But just that lack of options at his price is a killer :(.

That's some consistency you've got past month or so ;).

*Peace Out Pplz.

nick1408

Shaw has become Talia and Vickery is now Cox.  In a couple of weeks I will use my last trade on Puopolo to whoever the highest averaging defender is.  I have $186,900 in the bank so price won't be an issue but I will probably hold the last trade until the end just in case there is another "Shaw debacle", but honestly, I don't even think that will be an issue.  Decide for yourself but I think my 22 starting players and 11 bench players can cover any "Shaws" anyway:

Backs:
Gibbs
Deledio
Goddard
Broughton
Stanley
Adcock
Puopolo

Mids:
Murphy
Boyd
Mitchell
Shiels
Swan
Pendlebury

Ruck:
Cox
Petrie

Forwards:
Higgins
Franklin
Fyfe
Nahas
Goodes
O'Keefe
S. Johnson

Bench:
Suckling
Talia
B. Jacobs

A. Swallow
Mzungu
M. Evans

Lobbe
McCauley

N. Riewoldt
I. Smith
Callinan

So, I feel strong backups in all positions already but defence I think can do with the upgrade.  Not sure who yet but time is on my side.

nick1408

2516 this week.  Only bad score was Puopolo's 45.  Besides that nothing below 80.  It looks like there were a lot of scores over 2500 this week so not expecting too much.

Spite

Quote from: nick1408 on July 24, 2011, 08:26:22 PM
2516 this week.  Only bad score was Puopolo's 45.  Besides that nothing below 80.  It looks like there were a lot of scores over 2500 this week so not expecting too much.

Dude, there were a few, not a lot over 2500. Awesome score, a nice jump in the ranking for you!