Main Menu

Bargain Ruck 2011

Started by nick1408, January 15, 2011, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatters24

Only having 11 outright premiums won't do it I don't think. Too much catching up to do.

Holz

the cox sandi combo peformed quite well this weekend.

Ziplock

^ understatement of the week :P

gibbs did alright as well, and stantons score was passable.

JoeMontana

Well, if we go solely on that final squad, and I allowed trading Chapman for Buddy, Swan as the captain, the score for this team scored around 1840. Only 48 in the rucks, Vickery was the only scorer. Petrie out suspended, 2 Gold Coast rookies.

NOW

The people who went for a boring conventional team   :)    with Sandi/Cox as the rucks, scored 256 for that combo. An extra 208 points!

Furthermore. Cox/Hille combo 261, Cox/Ryder combo 245, Sandi/Ryder 217 together.

Would have given the team a score of over 2,000, not 1840. pretty satisfactory.

Spite

Well that's why it is an experiment!

My rookie mids team scored 2149 which was way higher than I expected as I made it as a joke...
(Fully premium rucks, forwards (with knights) and backline (7th is grimes))

chrisuzz

wow good score spite :o would like to see the team in the RMT board ;)

id say he wouldve done some swapping around, just wait hll come back on soon

nick1408

1923.  Very bad round.  I had Selwood so that cost, Chapman turned into Goodes late and Spencer turned into Hale.  Moving away from Brady Rawlings turns out to being a bad  decision too.

I think this week will be bad again as Selwood won't be playing.  I almost made Pendlebury into Murphy as well so the extra money would have been a godsend I feel.

Did win every league somehow though so bonus there.

Sharker18

as someone said above there is a reason most people picked Sandi/Cox and there is generally a reason 'uniques' are unique...

i'd rather have a conventional team and score well then a unique team and score poorly....but thats just me

Bluke

Depends what your going for.

I used an unorthodox midfield strat this year and while my first round score was low 2032 (mainly due to having Palmer, Selwood and Foley) I can see my team really gaining some momentum in 6 weeks or so.

JoeMontana

Well, you can scratch Round 6 as a good score for your team. Both Palmer and Selwood have the bye that week, so you lose 2 that round from your midfield, plus any other Freo, Hawk and Cats players you have in your team. e.g. Sandi, Buddy, Chappy, Pav, Rioli, etc.

Bluke

QuoteDepends what your going for.

Did i mention I'm only going for a league win this year? Got two competitive money leagues going. Plus I see too many headaches gunning for the car this year so decided not to worry to much about it.

I did take a quick look at the multi round byes and I can cover everyone with one emergency every round I believe so I'm not to phased. Should still finish in the top 5000 so thats fine by me. Especially if I take home $1200

MissPiesFF

I just usually go big money for on field rucks and choose any cheapo tom, di*k and harry as emg.

nick1408

2114 this week.  Happy to bouncwe back but had both Lower and Krakouer on the field.  Lost my league game by 3 points but a good score.  Petrie and Vickery were rucks.  This week it will be Smith and Vickery.

nick1408

I've made my first trade - Everitt to Suckling.  It is a bit of a gamble trade but I feel there is really no downside as either Suckling will average around 70 or he will average 95.  Everitt could also do this but I'm not sure he can now.  The only gamble here is the one trade I spent to save $70k

Bluke

Risky trade nick, but I like it all the same. Takes balls and could really pay off. Plus 70k will be handy!