Main Menu

Bargain Ruck 2011

Started by nick1408, January 15, 2011, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick1408

Yeah, looking at getting rid of Higgins for probably Sylvia.  Grigg is also close to leaving my team.  Vickery only has a 16 BE so will hold on for a couple more weeks.  I am thinking Higgins can go this week, Grigg in a couple of weeks for anyone averaging over 100, Vickery later on for Cox, Selwood in round 23 for another 100-rater and the rest is a week-by-week prospect.

Spite

Grigg to A.Swallow (351k, nice run left) or Hodge possibly? Even bartel is cheap at the moment and mitchell/pendles are falling fast.

Wait to see if higgins is playing...

nick1408

I already have Andrew Swallow and Scott Pendlebury.  I will hold Grigg for the week at least as the tigers run into the bye after Port this week.  Sam Mitchell appears to be the most likely to me.

nick1408

No changes this week.  I decided that as all my cheapies should meet their BE's I will hold the trades for an extra week and bring in Mitchell next week for Grigg.

nick1408

2110 this week.  Making Selwood captain over Swan paid off.  Higgins will definately be gone this week unless he gets dropped.  Libba will be making room for someone and the upgrade cash will be used on Sylvia I think followed by Grigg out for someone next week after Richmond's bye.  If another youth tops out in price I may be looking at Marc Murphy.

nick1408

Well I ended up keeping Higgins for another week as I have gotten Tendai in for Matera and Michael Evans in for Libba.  This gives me $345k for next week to sort out Higgins and someone else.

nick1408

1997 this week.  Lost Franklin and Buckley to late changes.  Two big names will be in this week I think, just not sure who.

nick1408

Some big trades this week.  Stevie J for Darling and Sam Mitchell for Grigg.  The Grigg trade I thought twice about as it will potentially leave me short in the midfield if there is a late withdrawl.

My plan forward is to get Boyd next week for Wallis and the week after to try and get an in form back to replace Stanley.  My downgrades will be Krakouer and Buckley.  I plan on keeping Higgins now in the forward line as the rotating 8th forward, Puopolo and Jacobs in the backline, Vickery in the rucks and I will have seven mids all averaging over 100 very soon.

After these trades I will have 6 trades left and still not gotten in Cox or Sandilands.  The beauty is that having Petrie, Vickery and Smith in the rucks means I have three rucks all playing.  Even when/if I bring in the two big boys I will still have two trades in the downgrade/upgrade trading.

I am currently coming 5111 but I think I will be jumping quite a few spots in the next few rounds.

Ziplock

I traded in ablett to finish my league.

Justin Bieber

Looking good nick 8). Nice ins as both look in form.

6 trades left with the Rucks without any sorted premium could be risky come finals time :-\. Lets hope Petrie/Smith/Vickery can keep it up though to make sure you don't need one anytime soon :).

*Peace Out Pplz.

nick1408

2023 this week but the short term now looks dangerous.  I have three midfielders out this week meaning that bringing in Boyd is a must.  It will mean that Danny Stanley will be leaving as Krakouer is not high enough in price just yet.

nick1408

2113 this week.  I really panicked when Selwood got suspended as going in I thought I had Swan, Pendlebury, Shaw, Krakouer, Selwood, Hibberd (as he was a late selection), Adcock and Smith all out.  After Evans was left out I really panicked.  Luckily Hibberd was named on the field and Jacobs held onto his spot with Port.  I traded Selwood out for Murphy, which leaves me in the same spot coming into finals so no issues, Vickery covered Smith with a 104 and Hawthorn picking Issac Smith was a blessing as I rolled the ball and dropped Wallis for him.  His 99 paid off and with Boyd dropping in price I can swap him into the forward line and trade Krakouer for Boyd in the coming weeks.  I also have eight trades left so will be cutting it fine but am still quietly confident my team should be very strong coming into finals.  I have a feeling that the rucks may not be changing though.  I am not too concerned as Petrie has been holding his own so I think I could get away with only trading one of Sandilands or Cox in if required.

Spite

Quote from: nick1408 on June 19, 2011, 08:31:56 PM
2113 this week.  I really panicked when Selwood got suspended as going in I thought I had Swan, Pendlebury, Shaw, Krakouer, Selwood, Hibberd (as he was a late selection), Adcock and Smith all out.  After Evans was left out I really panicked.  Luckily Hibberd was named on the field and Jacobs held onto his spot with Port.  I traded Selwood out for Murphy, which leaves me in the same spot coming into finals so no issues, Vickery covered Smith with a 104 and Hawthorn picking Issac Smith was a blessing as I rolled the ball and dropped Wallis for him.  His 99 paid off and with Boyd dropping in price I can swap him into the forward line and trade Krakouer for Boyd in the coming weeks.  I also have eight trades left so will be cutting it fine but am still quietly confident my team should be very strong coming into finals.  I have a feeling that the rucks may not be changing though.  I am not too concerned as Petrie has been holding his own so I think I could get away with only trading one of Sandilands or Cox in if required.

Great job! Big ranking change for you this week! Let me know how far you increase your ranking!!!

nick1408

up 2985 positions to 2187.

Oh, I also docked myself 4 points, it was actually 2117 I scored

nick1408

Big changes this week.  Moved Buckley into midfield so I could trade him for Ian Callinan (to get the most cash), then traded Krakouer for Boyd.  Midfield now has Murphy, Boyd, Swan, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Shiels with Andrew Swallow my emergency.

I have six trades and $134,500 left to play with.  I am thinking I will need to upgrade at least one back, possibly two and one ruck maybe.