Main Menu

Bargain Ruck 2011

Started by nick1408, January 15, 2011, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick1408

Well as I predicted Everitt turned it on.  I am still happy with the trade.  The scores though - 1590 with only four players left - Goddard, Grimes, Riewoldt and Selwood.  All are capable of tons but I would have liked to be about 200 more points higher at this point.  Daniel Harris is the main culprit along with Shaun Grigg.

nick1408

I apologise about no update last week.  I was pretty dirty with 1970 and a heap of 60's and 70's in my team.

This week I have turned it around with a 2122 including a Cameron Richardson 14.  I got Nat Fyfe in for Mitch Morton so that has paid off so far.  Next week with Geelong, Hawthorn and Fremantle out I will have Goodes, Darling and Matera all in with the possibility of Richardson as well if Krakouer is not selected.

Selwood and Shiels will be covered by Harris and Libba.  Depending on how long Bewick is out for will depend on if I trade him or not. 

Suckling will be swapped for Grimes but I will need to trade either Buckley or Lesdter out to cover the other hole - or I could take the zero and concerntrate on the league the week after.  I guess it depends on if Hibberd comes in for Essendon.

Spite

hows the team looking this week with all the outs nick?

nick1408

Light on, I must admit.  I got Hibberd in for Lester and McLauley in for Hale.  I am hoping to bring Chapman in next week for Krakouer.

Justin Bieber

Happy Chappy sounds good Nick 8). Plenty of forwards who are falling a bit.

*Peace Out Pplz.

nick1408

1660 this week.  Only two players over 100 (Krakouer & Deledio).  Shockers from everyone else plus a zero.  Looking to bounce back next week but with Collingwood having the bye some smart trading may be required.

nick1408

Ended up bringing in Adcock for Duigan and Wallis for Bewick.  I figured my backs were worse off than my forwards at the moment so will look to sure them up first.  Next week I will be looking to downgrade someone else and bring in Chapman in a few weeks I think

nick1408

1850 this week.  It is a pretty ugly year for me this year.  The only highlight being that the rucks are actually pulling their weight

Spite

Z.Smith with Petrie may be the only possible combination of ruck this year that would come close to the cox/sandi value. It's upsetting that cox and sandi have been so dominant this year so far, that everyone will dismiss your theory straight away. It is a good theory, but this is just not it's year. Maybe in two seasons time when sandi and cox are getting closer to old age.

nick1408

I have traded Harris out this week for Ben Jacobs and Richardson has gone out for Nahas.  I have kept Grimes so I can trade him out next week for one of the other Carlton backs.

nick1408

Must say I am pretty happy with the rucks.  It really paid off and I feel if there were no byes my team would be much, much stronger with this setup.

nick1408

2276 this week.  Pretty happy with that but Goddard, Lower and Petrie really let me down.  I think Lower would be on his way out this week but it will depend on what I do with Grimes.

*Edit* Just saw I was 58 off top score this week leaving me in 8th for the week. Damn you Goddard!

nick1408

2264.  Had Higgins bugger me plus traded Lower for Shaw and Swan captain even though I considered Selwood.  Cost myself about 100 points I feel.

Spite

Team is starting to look pretty good I must say - and with sandi out, thats a big win for you!

Trading higgins this week?

What about, kark > J.Tippet and Vickery to Cox sometime in the near future to allow Petrie to be ruck and forward cover?

Chopps

hows your ranking going?