Main Menu

Voting for best ever Hawk

Started by Barlow 21, January 15, 2011, 05:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk_88

Quote from: ossie85 on January 17, 2011, 03:54:44 PM

Would he? Leigh Matthews v Ablett Snr would be much closer!

I think all 16 winners of this will be put against each other also

There are a couple on this list I would take before Ablett, but I admit it would be much closer.

Hawka

unless a huge late flurry of votes comes in for hudson it looks like lethal wins..no surprise

dylsta05

enzedder

Looked at the list... thought Matthews clearly and voted before seeing posts/ results. He's easily the greatest ever Hawk.
Dunstall and Hudson perhaps the next best.
Tuck with games played record must count for something but he was no superstar.
Mitchell I would compare to Nathan Burke...great 300 game player, etc but not a patch on Matthews/ Harvey.

Hawka

Quote from: enzedder on January 22, 2011, 11:55:52 AM
Looked at the list... thought Matthews clearly and voted before seeing posts/ results. He's easily the greatest ever Hawk.
Dunstall and Hudson perhaps the next best.
Tuck with games played record must count for something but he was no superstar.
Mitchell I would compare to Nathan Burke...great 300 game player, etc but not a patch on Matthews/ Harvey.
im not old enof to speak much but i have seen fotage of all 4 but my dad has told me many many times that dunstall and hudson were just simply amazing...tuck was alrite but ur rite no superstar

RiOtChEsS

picked Crawf being were cousins and im slightly bias :P

Hawka

Quote from: Marcz on January 22, 2011, 12:14:50 PM
picked Crawf being were cousins and im slightly bias :P
how lucky :P

hawk_88

Hudson was amazing.... one of my favourite lines comes from back when Hudson played. The Hawks played on Glenferrie and there is a church literally a stones throw away from the ground. Those that know the area would probably know the church, it is on the corner of Glenferrie rd and Burwood rd.

The church has one of those signs that you can write your own messages and for a while when Hudson was playing it read:

What would happen if God came to Hawthorn?
Hudson would move to Centre Half Forward.

It always makes me chuckle.

Cicjose

At the time of Leigh Matthews retirement he was game record holder and leading goalscorer

dylsta05

pothead

Master Q

pyronerd

i think we can safely say that leigh matthews has won :P

gjmiles

leigh mattews was a common thug on the footy field! The frier for mine, showed determination in all of his games................and team spirit

Big Lance

Quote from: j959 on January 17, 2011, 03:38:30 PM
I never saw Lethal play and not much historical vision either - i will respectfully abstain from this one.   ;)
Like Gaz Jnr but runs through anything and kicked over 900 goals. Player of the century for a reason, he is the greatest footballer ever seen. Arguments can be made for people like Gaz Snr but they are only arguments for arguments sake. It's Lethal by a mile.