Main Menu

Super Over: William Alleyne

Started by Master Q, January 15, 2011, 01:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

What do you think of this?

Ball 1 (W):  Alleyne to McDonnell : [catch] Huge outswinger by Alleyne! McDonnell is slow to move his feet and edges the ball to Trupti. Great bowling!
S. McDonnell c K. Trupti b. W. Alleyne 12 (28b 0x4 0x6) SR:42.86

Ball 2 (W): Alleyne to Noreiga : Alleyne strikes! The ball pitches outside the off stump and moves away, with a hint of reverse swing. Noreiga goes for the drive and gets the edge to Trupti behind the wicket.
C. Noreiga c K. Trupti b. W. Alleyne 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Ball 3 (Dot) : Alleyne to Pietersz : Beautiful delivery from Alleyne and shown a great deal of respect from Pietersz. No run.

Ball 4 (W) : Alleyne to Pietersz : [catch] Out! Pietersz has nicked a regulation outswinger from Alleyne to Lansing at first slip.
G. Pietersz c G. Lansing b. W. Alleyne 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Ball 5 (Dot) : Alleyne to Harris : Slightly shorter in length outside off stump, Harris moves back and drives on the up to cover.

Ball 6 (W) : Alleyne to Harris : The straight yorker did the job and the timber goes flying.
D. Harris b. W. Alleyne 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

chrisuzz

roo boys!

My little ex-legend :) You're welcome Q ;)

Alex7089

Which wickets were they though? If they were early :O
If not that happens :p

roo boys!

Wickets 6, 7, 8, 9 so yeah the tail.

Alex7089

In that case, Ramiah also took wickets 6, 7, 8 & 9. But he did it in 4 balls-

5.1   W   Ramiah to MacLeod : MacLeod is gone, turns just a little bit after pitching on middle and leg and he's rooted in the crease. Height wasn't a problem and the umpire sends him on his way.
F. MacLeod lbw b. G. Ramiah 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
5.2   W   Ramiah to Johnston : I don't know what he calls that ball, but it's utterly unplayable. Johnston had no idea and was clean bowled.
L. Johnston b. G. Ramiah 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
5.3   W   Ramiah to Docherty : [catch] Fuller length delivery outside the off stump. Docherty drives away from his body with no real foot-work. It looked like the bat hit the ground - hard to say if there was an edge involved.
L. Docherty c P. Dunn b. G. Ramiah 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

A hattrick for Ramiah!
5.4   W   Ramiah to Anderson : A flighted delivery on the stumps, Anderson goes for the sweep but gets nowhere near the line. The ball clips the glove and pops up behind the stumps on the leg side. Sodumo at leg slip makes no mistake.
D. Anderson c A. Sodumo b. G. Ramiah 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

roo boys!

Justin Bieber

Nobody ever bothers about the top order, when it actually matters anymore :P.

Still nice guys ;).

Alex7089

Still HP it is fun to watch :p
Yeah R&B, there was also a runout the last ball of the previous over, so 5 wickets in 5 balls :p

Justin Bieber

Well I never get them so I have a right to be negative *Blows Raspberries :P.

roo boys!

A fact about my tail enders, my number 11, Stevenson, has made more runs and has a better average than Borgas for this season :P And last season Borgas made the second most runs for me :P

Alex7089

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=987270
That is the scorecard, he made 18, 4 golden ducks :p Not a bot though :D

roo boys!

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=872507

Check out this scorecard, bowled them out for 19, with each opener picking up 5 ;D

Master Q

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 15, 2011, 02:40:50 PM
In that case, Ramiah also took wickets 6, 7, 8 & 9. But he did it in 4 balls-

5.1   W   Ramiah to MacLeod : MacLeod is gone, turns just a little bit after pitching on middle and leg and he's rooted in the crease. Height wasn't a problem and the umpire sends him on his way.
F. MacLeod lbw b. G. Ramiah 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
5.2   W   Ramiah to Johnston : I don't know what he calls that ball, but it's utterly unplayable. Johnston had no idea and was clean bowled.
L. Johnston b. G. Ramiah 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
5.3   W   Ramiah to Docherty : [catch] Fuller length delivery outside the off stump. Docherty drives away from his body with no real foot-work. It looked like the bat hit the ground - hard to say if there was an edge involved.
L. Docherty c P. Dunn b. G. Ramiah 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

A hattrick for Ramiah!
5.4   W   Ramiah to Anderson : A flighted delivery on the stumps, Anderson goes for the sweep but gets nowhere near the line. The ball clips the glove and pops up behind the stumps on the leg side. Sodumo at leg slip makes no mistake.
D. Anderson c A. Sodumo b. G. Ramiah 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

But what happend the next 2 balls?

8-6 Suited

Quote from: roo boys! on January 15, 2011, 02:53:56 PM
A fact about my tail enders, my number 11, Stevenson, has made more runs and has a better average than Borgas for this season :P And last season Borgas made the second most runs for me :P

Doubt he will this season. Borgas is smashing it.