Main Menu

Nominations for the best ever Roo

Started by Barlow 21, January 15, 2011, 10:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

For the young ones here...Mick Nolan (9 November 1949â€"27 May 2008) because of his weight of 135kg and height of 194cm, Nolan was dubbed the "The Galloping Gasometer" by commentator Lou Richards.
Great palm ruckman. 107 games...best ruckman Cable ever played with.

Keith Greig would be my nomination though...definitely needs to be included with....
Martin, Schimma, Carey, Harvey, Cable, Archer and Blight.

Glendenning went to WCE...not sure how many he played at North...not enough though.
Krakouer brothers were great together...but not as great individually as those already mentioned.

MTTY

roo boys!

Holz

Carey and Cable for me are 2 of the best ever footballers easily in the top 5. But for me who has been the greatest player who represents the roos, it has to be boomer. Boomer is the roos

roo boys!

Quote from: Holzman on February 14, 2011, 06:24:33 PM
Carey and Cable for me are 2 of the best ever footballers easily in the top 5. But for me who has been the greatest player who represents the roos, it has to be boomer. Boomer is the roos
That is true. He is a machine.

Aralt

Quote from: roo boys! on February 14, 2011, 08:14:41 PM
Lets drop out players that were stars for other clubs. It irks me to see Cable in both.
Carey is number one.
If you need to discuss others, Archer, Schimma, Blight, Dench, Greig and Boomer.
Apologies to Martyn.

Holz

Quote from: Aralt on March 12, 2011, 09:37:28 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on February 14, 2011, 08:14:41 PM
Lets drop out players that were stars for other clubs. It irks me to see Cable in both.
Carey is number one.
If you need to discuss others, Archer, Schimma, Blight, Dench, Greig and Boomer.
Apologies to Martyn.

I regard the VFL as the top competition so i count his games for the roos over games in the WAFL, also if you ask anyone who cable played for they will say the roos.

North Melbournes Finest

What? The best ever Roo is easily Wayne Carey, can't believe this is even being discussed.

Holz

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on March 27, 2011, 09:51:16 PM
What? The best ever Roo is easily Wayne Carey, can't believe this is even being discussed.

should change the poll to the 2nd best kangaroo player ever, carey is probably the greatest player ever.

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: Holzman on April 01, 2011, 05:08:09 AM
Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on March 27, 2011, 09:51:16 PM

should change the poll to the 2nd best kangaroo player ever, carey is probably the greatest player ever.
Exactly, if your highly considered for best or 2nd best player in the AFL history, how would you not be the best at your club lmao.

roo boys!

Well it's not going to be Lindsay Thomas or Lachie Hansen! Spuds!

nathan11

boomer cause he is funny :) While Harvey was dismayed by the heated reaction to his comments in the media, he is at least able to see the lighter side of the situation three weeks on.

"There hasn't been much fallout other than Lachie and Sammy won't kick me the ball now," he said, tongue firmly in cheek.

"I don't have a good relationship with the coach any more and I train by myself. Other than that there's been nothing.

roo boys!

Quote from: nathan11 on April 21, 2011, 05:09:13 PM

"There hasn't been much fallout other than Lachie and Sammy won't kick me the ball now," he said, tongue firmly in cheek.

They don't even get the ball anyway?...