Poa Free

Feel free to comment and rate this team. and i will rate yours

BACKS: B Goddard, B Deledio, C Enright, J Waite, N Bock, A Otten, B Jacobs
SUB: S Iles, J Toy, C Richardson

MIDS: D Sawn, G Ablett, L Montagna, J Gysberts, A Gaff, D Heppell
SUBS: T Mzungu, J Green, J McMillan-Pittard

RUCKS: A Sandilands, D Petrie
SUBS: Z Smith, D Bass

FORWARDS: P Chapman, N Riewoldt, L Franklin, A Didak, C Knights, R Petterd, D Prestia
SUBS: J Butcher, D Talia, L Tapscott

bomberboy0618

very nice, dont like gysberts, 9/10.

bjrouse

Pretty good.

Don't like Waite...He loves to get suspended
Gysberts, meh
Chapman...The injury king but awesome when he is right

j959

Pretty standard, but solid.

Considerations:

3 GC players in your back line, assume Rd1 you will have definite cover, but are you trading 1-2 out before their next bye Rd9?

agree with BB on Gysberts, in that you'd probably be better served by a high quality rookie (D Swallow, but see that you have GAJ).

Maybe with GAJ, start with D Swallow and then upgrade to GAJ after the GC Rd9 bye??

BoredSaint

spent a lot on your 3 gun mids.. could downgrade one to upgrade gysberts

Poa Free

Thanks guys,

Yeah i agree Gysberts is a risk, but I want GAJ in the team as it looks like not many other people have him and I don't think two GC midfielders (D Sallow) is a good idea, maybe after the NAB cup another rookie will jump out and I will pick him up.

Had Chapman last year and was easily the best forward so no reason to change this year.

Gooner

Gysberts - not assured of games and an injury risk
Chapman - injury risk and tag risk
Buddy/Dids - better as upgrade targets IMO
Ablett - a better upgrade target, especially considering he gets his two byes out of the way early
Pettard - underpriced but an injury risk
Bock - good unique pick, but has an element of risk.  I don't mind him in your team

Maca24

Quote from: Poa Free on January 14, 2011, 03:14:12 PM

FORWARDS: P Chapman, N Riewoldt, L Franklin, A Didak, C Knights, R Petterd, D Prestia
easy 2 read :)
backs are great, nice uniques.
mids are very nice although ablett is an upgrade target IMO. to risky to start.
great rookies (especially J.McMillan as thats my name :))
rucks are good.
very nice forwards, petterd should be ok.
9.4 great team

Luigi197

A 7/10 from me Poa..

Try change Enright, Bock Waite to Gibbs,Otten,Drumbond?
Watch Gazz in Pre-Season and no no for gysberts IMO, though i no y u got him ;)
Try fir in Jolly, dont know much bout Bass...
Try Rioli instead of Franklin IMO...

Luigi :)

Knowall

Not sure about Waite in the backline better options around same with  Bock consider Drummo, Hurn, Grimes theyll score higher and have equal injury issues.  Fix ur backline bench some of them can play Def
Mids allright, not sure about starting with G. Ablett.  Montagna good, Swan Meh.  Gysberts is allright but is he guaranteed games because there are other nice options there
Standard rucks
Cant fault fwds except Pettard might not be ready and im not having Chappy this year.
8/10

Can u rate mine please and give any suggestions
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23877.15.html

Boomz

Def: Pretty good would watch Bock pre-season. Iles is supposedly only a mid now.

Mid: I know you have gone for Ablett because you think he won't be in as many teams but thats for a reason... No one knows how he'll go at GC and he's bound to lose some money therefore he should turn into a great upgrade once he's found his feet up there. Other premium mids I'd look at are Boyd & A. Swallow. Not a fan of Montagna but he's alright. Gysberts will have trouble getting games at melbourne would get rid of him. Bench good.

Rucks: Fine not sure about Bass though.

Fwd: Would stay away from Chapman this year as he's likely to get the number one tag and have a bigger work load without Ablett & I think he'll go back to the chappy of old and have some hammy issues. I get he had a great year this year but it's like saying Davis had a great year in '09 was he a great pick last year? no... (I know their nowhere near the same level just an example that a year is a long time role changes, tagged more, injuries etc). Other than that your forwards are fine ;) Would probably get Darling on the bench though as I think he'll get games and be better than both Tapscott and Butcher.

9/10 :)

Poa Free

Ok,

Thanks for the feed back, I have made a couple of changes full team is below:

BACKS: OUT Deledio IN Newman/Gilbee, OUT Waite IN Gibbs OUT Richardson IN Howard OUT Iles IN Hibberd

MIDS: OUT Ablett IN Judd OUT Gysberts IN D Sallow

I know Judd has a bye in round 23, but you have to get far first in your league before that is an issue, so will have to ensure I have good cover or have a trade up my sleeve for that one. As Waite is now just a forward I bought Gibbs in for him and had to slightly downgrade Deledio to Newman/Gilbee.

And took BOOMZ advise bought in Darling for Butcher.

I guess as with all the team here the benches will chop and change as the season get closer.

BACKS: Brendon Goddard, Chris Newman, Bryce Gibbs, Corey Enright, Andy Otten, Nathan Bock, Ben Jacobs
SUBS: Michael Hibberd, Josh Toy, Christian Howard

MIDS: Dane Swan, Leigh Montagna, Chris Judd, Dyson Heppell, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff
SUBS: Joshua Green, Tendai Mzungu, Jasper McMillan-Pittard

RUCKS: Aaron Sandilands, Drew Petrie
SUBS: Daniel Bass, Zac Smith

FORWARDS: Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt, Lance Franklin, Alan Didak, Chris Knights, Ricky Petterd, Dion Prestia
SUBS: Cameron Richardson, Daniel Talia, Jack Darling

Luigi197

looks better... though Deledio over Newman possibly and probs Gilbee for Enright

though much better... now a 9/10 from me

Luigi

enzedder

That looks a lot better to me as well...no need to make changes until preseason unfolds and watch the form of Bock, Petterd, Knights and rookies...

tferrier18

Quote from: BOOMZ on January 16, 2011, 02:34:59 AM
I get he had a great year this year but it's like saying Davis had a great year in '09 was he a great pick last year? no... (I know their nowhere near the same level just an example that a year is a long time role changes, tagged more, injuries etc).
No offence, but this is a ridiculous thing to say. Not only has chapman been a premium since 2005, he also played 21 games last year. It's definitely safe to say he'll have a good year next year in terms of scoring, the only slight concern is injury - however I think he's much less of a risk now then he was in 2008/2009.
Davis didn't get tagged more, his role changed. Chapman might get tagged more but his role will barely change. With the likes of Bartel spending more time in the mids this year I don't think chapman will be tagged any more or less than last year, especially since selwood will be the main target.
The only real critisicm of having Chapman is the fact that he shares a bye round with freo & hawks.

Chapman won't be in my team in r1, but there's no way you can critisize having him.

Now for your team. I prefer your new backline but preferred ablett in your mids. I think it's fair to say we don't know how ablett will go, so we'll have to wait until nab to decide if he'll be worth it, but I definitely don't agree with people saying he'll be better to get when he goes down in price. People said that at the beginning of last year as well and ablett scored 127, 128, 157, 145, 171 and 203! Most who had him would have had him as captain for all of these rounds as well, so can you really afford to miss out on so many points?

Anyway, the new team...
R4 - 3 prems (not tooooo bad)
R5 - 0 prems (perfect)
R6 - 4 prems out (needs improving)

You haven't picked any players that are bad, but I'd prefer deledio over newman and would consider trading enright for someone.

8.5-9/10