Main Menu

Please explain

Started by LiveTheDream, January 14, 2011, 01:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiveTheDream

Can someone in the know please explain to me how the player discount system works and, more specifically, the criteria that a player must meet to get 10, 20, 30 or 40% discount?

I thought I had pretty much figured it out, barring a few outliers, and then the AFL website has Andrew Krakouer listed at just 139k?! The guy has spent 14 months in jail and hasn't even been on a list for 3 years...surely that would qualify for more than a 30% discount! Especially when guys like Foley and Petterd are getting 40% taken off after playing 4 and 6 games respectively in 2010.

Feel free to share your opinions/debate this, I would love to be enlightened as to how the system works....

Justin Bieber

It's usually based on how many games they play. Think if they play less than 7/8 games, they get a discount. If they don't play at all, get the 40% I think. If they play once or twice, get a bigger discount from what I know.

Think they knew Krakouer would be in alot of teams, so raised his price a bit despite him not playing AFL for a few seasons. Not sure how they did that for him but not for others.

It's mainly how the guys running it. They can give whatever discounts they want and don't have to answer anybody on why ::).

LiveTheDream

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 14, 2011, 01:55:47 AM
It's mainly how the guys running it. They can give whatever discounts they want and don't have to answer anybody on why ::).

certainly seems like it

bomberboy0618

Quote from: LiveTheDream on January 14, 2011, 10:38:14 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on January 14, 2011, 01:55:47 AM

certainly seems like it
might have put their teams together and are trying to scare people away from their uniques.

Knowall

How often is fanplanner wrong on this.
For example giving a player 30% discount and when SC opens he only has a 20% discount.

Are the predicitions on discounts usually accurate?

Justin Bieber

There as accurate as m0nty can give. It's all just estimations right now but is still fun to toy around with teams before the season ;D.

I don't mind if it's off as can't expect it to be 100% correct. Only site I know with something like this and would be hard getting info on magic number, prices, discounts and all prior to the fantasy season starting.

m0nty

The rules change every year. I make my best guess, but I can't read the minds of the people who do it.

BoredSaint

M0nty, do you know when SC will open?? is it the same time as DT??

Justin Bieber

Usually is. Both usually 1st of Febuary unless something has gone wrong.

Knowall

Sorry if I came across abit abit critical, I wasnt trying to be.

I really like and appreciate the fanplanner   :)

Cant wait till Feb 1st so i can chuck my team in and see how it fits in.

LiveTheDream

Quote from: m0nty on January 15, 2011, 02:26:50 AM
The rules change every year. I make my best guess, but I can't read the minds of the people who do it.

...and you do a bloody brilliant job at it mate!!! Not having a crack at you by any means, just trying to get more of an understanding

bomberboy0618

Quote from: LiveTheDream on January 15, 2011, 07:41:57 PM
Quote from: m0nty on January 15, 2011, 02:26:50 AM

...and you do a bloody brilliant job at it mate!!! Not having a crack at you by any means, just trying to get more of an understanding
smart words ltd, u are a legend m0nty!

Luigi197

hey im glad this thread was made :D thnx HP, LTD and M0nty

Junktimer

Virtualsports choose to give less discounts to those expected to be more popular or do well

dylsta05