Versatile team?

Started by Usman, January 13, 2011, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usman

This team is based on versatility, trying not to comprimise on quality. Let me know what you think.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Lake, B. Deledio, S. Hurn, A. Otten, D. Heppell, P. Faulks (S. Iles, C. Richardson, J. Toy)
MID: P. Chapman, L. Montagna, B. Gibbs, C. Sylvia, N. Foley, D. Swallow (A. Gaff, R. Conca, M. Wallis)
RUC: A. Sandilands, P. Ryder (T. McDonald, M. Daw)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, A. Goodes, M. Morton, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)
CASH LEFT: $2,400

BoredSaint

not a bad team.. not sure about that defense though.. ie lake. hurn and otten
midfield is alright but kinda missing that really gun midfielder
fwd is also solid but not great..

Usman

Dont rate Montagna and Chapman?

thats the problem its solid but not great. just trying to create a team that is going to haave minimal problems when it comes to byes and injuries

Knowall

Quote from: Usman on January 13, 2011, 11:47:50 PM

thats the problem its solid but not great. just trying to create a team that is going to haave minimal problems when it comes to byes and injuries
Injuries? You have heaps of injured/injury prone players!

But i still like it except need some stability in the fwd line

Justin Bieber

MPP use is good so should help out if needed.

Lake is unique. He burnt me 2 seasons ago but got alot of contested ball last season to lift his scoring.

Both Sylvia and Chappy on field in the mids could hurt :(. Don't think you need both in the Mids. I'd say move one to the forwards, play Gaff on field and have some money to spare. This money could be used to maybe upgrade elsewhere.

Morton is risky. I'd only take that risk if he is playing midfield ;).

Solid team though if that's what you are aiming for.

MTTY

A lot of MPP but as HP said it will help a lot.

. Defence is pretty good though watch Lake pre-season with his fitness. Some people may see Faulks as a risk but he will be pretty unique, i think he will be one of the top rookie priced scoring players.

. Very unique midfield, i dont see why people have a problem with chappy this year.

. Rucks are solid though i'm not sold on Daw getting games and with McDonald already there i would suggest Smith,

. Unique forwards a bit of a risk

overall very unique team, so i'm not really gunna suggest anything else as it looks like your going with a unique team. 8.5/10

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MTTY on January 14, 2011, 01:43:25 AM
i dont see why people have a problem with chappy this year.
Last season was the first in a while where he has overcome his Hammy problems. Is usually hindered by them later in the season so many were hesitant last season. I started with him and was very happy (despite people told me not to). He holds his risk, but is easily the best forward scorer out there.

MTTY

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 14, 2011, 01:47:28 AM
Last season was the first in a while where he has overcome his Hammy problems. Is usually hindered by them later in the season so many were hesitant last season. I started with him and was very happy (despite people told me not to). He holds his risk, but is easily the best forward scorer out there.
yep i'll most likely take the risk on him, btw HP feel free to ask me anything about the Prospectus tomorrow, if it gets here by then

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MTTY on January 14, 2011, 01:52:16 AM
yep i'll most likely take the risk on him, btw HP feel free to ask me anything about the Prospectus tomorrow, if it gets here by then
Thanks but think many on here will be asking for the Utilities/MPP ;D. I've gotten by without it so not a huige worry for me ;).

MTTY

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 14, 2011, 01:58:18 AM
Quote from: MTTY on January 14, 2011, 01:52:16 AM
Thanks but think many on here will be asking for the Utilities/MPP ;D. I've gotten by without it so not a huige worry for me ;).
ok HP no worries

BoredSaint

Quote from: Usman on January 13, 2011, 11:47:50 PM

its not that i dont rate them its just that chappy is injury prone and montagna isnt quite as consistent as say swan or judd yet..

its funny how i havent seen GAJ in any teams yet.. could be a unique this season  ;D

Luigi197

Quote from: Usman on January 13, 2011, 10:27:30 PM
This team is based on versatility, trying not to comprimise on quality. Let me know what you think.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Lake, B. Deledio, S. Hurn, A. Otten, D. Heppell, P. Faulks (S. Iles, C. Richardson, J. Toy)
MID: P. Chapman, L. Montagna, B. Gibbs, C. Sylvia, N. Foley, D. Swallow (A. Gaff, R. Conca, M. Wallis)
RUC: A. Sandilands, P. Ryder (T. McDonald, M. Daw)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, C. Rioli, A. Goodes, M. Morton, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)
CASH LEFT: $2,400

Lake to Gibbs and Gibbs to Swan.
Start Gaff and trade Sylvia out for a cheap MPP such as  McNiel for money.
Put Sylvia in ur fwds instead of Morton