First Post, First look at 2011 SC team.. UPDATED!!

Started by Rooboy85, January 13, 2011, 01:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooboy85

This is my First post and First team for 2011. Last year my Supercoach team averaged 2240 over the season so hoping to better that this year.

Please take a look and let me know what you think?

TEAM NAME: Boombersbrigade
UPDATED TEAM
DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, L. Gilbee, S. Gilbert, D. Heppell, B. Jacobs (C. Richardson, M. Hibberd, J. Toy)
MID: B. Goddard, D. Swan, L. Hodge, D. Swallow, A. Gaff, R. Conca (J. Green, A. Krakouer, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Jolly (Z. Smith, M. Daw)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, A. Didak, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (D. Talia, B. Matera, L. Tapscott)
CASH LEFT: $16,200

ORIGINAL TEAM
DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, S. Gilbert, A. Otten, D. Heppell, B. Jacobs (C. Richardson, D. Talia, J. Toy)
MID: B. Goddard, D. Swan, C. Judd, D. Swallow, A. Gaff, R. Conca (J. Green, A. Krakouer, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Jolly (Z. Smith, M. Daw)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, M. Morton, C. Knights, D. Petrie, D. Prestia (A. Hooper, B. Matera, L. Tapscott)
CASH LEFT: $384,500

ossie85

Impressive average last year, probably don't need help from nuff nuffs like me!

Yeah, ain't too much wrong with that, though I don't like 2 starting rookies and Otten. Especially with no Goddard at the top (yeah, I know he's in the mids).

Think Morton's a bit over-hyped.

pyronerd

i think rooboy that y maybe have too much money left over, i would personally upgrade 1 of your midpricers to a premium but apart from that a good looking team 8.5/10

Maca24

yea good team probs an 8.5?
to many players to upgrade IMO. Morton isnt worth it.

Rooboy85

Was a bit iffy about Morton.. With $380k in the bank who do you think is the best FWD to upgrade to?

Need to free up some cash to upgrade Otten

Gooner

If you're going to have Gilbert and Talia in the team, why not put one in the forwards so that you can rotate them if need be.

Judd and Gibbs - problems come finals time.

Jolly - I really like him this year, but with two byes during league games, you'll need good coverage.  Smith should play, Daw seems like a risk.  Try to get a ruck who is more likely to play 22 games, even if you've got to pay a little more, simply to cover Jolly.  Spencer or Campbell from the Dees might be worth a look.

Not sure about Morton also. 

Only 12 premiums, so you've got to be really careful with trades as you need almost all of them for upgrades with only 4 left over for injuries (assuming 2 trades for each upgrade).

BoredSaint

nice FF name rooboy.. any relation to RB? :P
and..
teams alright but since you got so much money left over.. you could upgrade that midfield.. dont like 3 starting rookies.. max 2 in each position IMO

Rooboy85

Had Majak in there because he was cheap and is DPP so can swap with Petrie to cover.

Agree with lack of premium, with a little to many upgrades.. with so many good rookies its hard not to have them all in there.

Regarding Rooboy, wasnt aware there was another user under a very similar name.. what can i say, its a good name

Knowall

having morton, knights, petrie=No thanks. even worst when u add a rookie in there.
And im not a fan of having three rookies starting in the mid
And having Otten plus two Rookies also starting is very risky.

Pretty much its a good team but HUGE potential for it to go pearshape, u could find urself burning trades early

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on January 13, 2011, 01:47:14 PM

Impressive average last year, probably don't need help from nuff nuffs like me!

Yeah, ain't too much wrong with that, though I don't like 2 starting rookies and Otten. Especially with no Goddard at the top (yeah, I know he's in the mids).

Think Morton's a bit over-hyped.
welcome.

yeah, like ossie, i don't think you actually need help!  ;)
agree with his comments too.

i'm not a fan of Morton either, he's been in the system a while and hasn't really done anything of note - i can't see anything from last season in comparison to his other seasons that would make me think he will shoot up in value but that's the risk/reward i s'pose.

like pyro, i would say upgrade Morton to a premium and then you're looking good cos your fwd line would have 4 premiums, Knights as your mid-pricer and Petrie as your gifted cheapie.

that would leave with an issue in your backline though so maybe that wouldn't help??

Gooner

Starting a number of rookies isn't an issue if your league isn't too strong.

As long as you get top four, that's all that matters.  Rookies increase more than premiums, meaning that you can have a better team come finals. 

Therefore, the more rookies, the better the team for finals.  However, you need to make sure that they're going to play, as they're more likely to miss games than mid pricers. 

Further, if you're going for the overall prize or in a tough league and need good scoring from the start, then you want more midpricers and fewer rookies from the start.

Knowall

well im going 2 rookiesin DEF, 2 in MIDs, 1 in FWD  I think this is the safest way. 

BoredSaint

Rooboy85

Have made a few changes after some good points made by everyone... Still keen to load up on promising rookies, but with the season still a way off im sure this will change several times more..

Thoughts?

BoredSaint

thats a risk you can take if you want.. probs not the best option IMO cause if they dont play as well as you expect.. then theres goes ur season from the start..